Join now - be part of our community!

Everywair

profile.country.en_GB.title
orangeyred

Everywair

Hi

I'm looking to get a SZ series laptop with Everywair, I just want to know, is it locked to T-Mobile? I know it is advertised with T-Mobile but can you use another network?

I posted a thread a few days ago and I haven't got any replies so if you have time please help me, I'm still looking for an answer: http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/gb/en/forum/viewthread?thread=54389

Many Thanks

Sam

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Sam,

Most members have managed to use any WWAN provider using the downloadable Globetrotter software. Have a look at this thread: -

http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/GB/en/forum/viewthread?thread=48380

In the early days, a clean install of Vista Ultimate did give some driver problems. I believe with new Vaios, an upgrade can be made by simply entering the new Product Key which is provided on the purchase of a Vista Ultimate upgrade. I would check this before purchase because a clean install is far from straightforward.

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
orangeyred

Thank's for the reply. It's good to here that the laptop isn't locked to a network. Also, I have a Vodafone HSDPA card and it does come with Vodafone software which can be used.

What I was trying to ask with the other thread was, will all the Sony preinstalled stuff disappear if I use the Vista Anytime Upgrade? Or is it just like you said, enter in a Product Key and the features are installed/unlocked on top of the existing Vista Business and all the previous software and settings remain?

Thank you so much for the help

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

My understanding is that the upgrade exists within the Sony OEM Vista install so all existing software, settings and features should be retained. Unlike a clean install which would not retain the preinstalled software.

However, make sure you establish that this is the case for the particular model you decide to buy before you part with your money.

:wink: