Join now - be part of our community!

Fanta in der Tastatur/Fanta in my keyboard

kaspandido
Visitor

Fanta in der Tastatur/Fanta in my keyboard

Hi guys,

got a tiny problem there. Spilt a cup of fanta on the keyboard of my VGN-FE11h yesterday. Luckily the machine is still working fine. Except for the keyboard. Some of the keys are sticking like a slimy gumball and i ve got no idea how to clean them since the stuff is "underneath" the keys. Here's the question: Is ist possible to exchange a notebook keyboard? Is it possible to plug out single keys to clean them ????
experts advice desperately needed.
Thanks in advance.
Kaspandido

Moin Vaios und Vaiettes,

ich hab mir gestern - schlauerweise - ein Ladung Fanta auf die Tastatur gekippt. :anguished: Ich kann von Glück reden, dass die Maschine (Vaio VGN-FE11H) noch einwandfrei funktioniert, da ich - glaube ich - rechtzeitig alles trocken gelegt hab. :pray: Das Problem ist nur, dass jetzt einige der Tasten von unten verklebt sind (warum zum Teufel musste es ausgerechnet Fanta sein ....argh).

Ich denke ich habe zwei Möglichkeiten:

A) Neue Tastatur anschaffen: Frage an die Vaio-Profis: Geht das? und ist das im Sinne einer moderaten Reparatur bezahlbar?

B) Hat einer von Euch den Wahnsinnstip, wie ich die verklebten Tasten wieder sauber bekomme? (Kann ich einzelne Tasten herausnehmen und reinigen oder mache ich dabei etwas kaputt???)

Für Eure Hilfe dankt im Voraus
Kaspandido

4 REPLIES 4
skykit84
New

Hope it was not too much that it has seeped inside.
all the same i would not plug in the power if you can help it... one thing with liquid contamination that people do wrong is then charge it up... electricty + liquid doesnt go well :slight_smile:

Luckily the FE series laptops are not THAT difficult to change the keyboard
so the actual removing of it and fitting a new one is releativly easy and I/we can probably guide you through this

as for getting the part... thats another Q

as for removing the keys and cleaning... i wouldnt
they are a real pain and 80% of the time, the clip breaks when you remove the keys
if you can source out a keyboard then i would advise that

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

www.nexttronics.com to get the part.

kaspandido
Visitor

Thank you guys for your quick reply! I really do appreciate it!

Do you have any other tip for a webshop offering spare parts for my VAIO?

Nexttonics seems to be a great company + has got a load of stuff, but unfortunately no keyboard for my Vaio model (VGN-FE11H).

In the end, I dont care if its a FE21/31/*1... keyboard, since I think that the grey colour would look neat on the white/alu FE11 inside :-)....

Thanx again!
Kaspandido

davemee
Visitor

I've heard that old-school desktop keyboards are safe to wash and immerse in water... I'VE HEARD. so it may be possible to remove your vaio keyboard, turn it upside down, and soak it in a large, shallow bowl of water, deep enough to cover the affected level of the keys, but not deep enough to reach the rear of the keyboard, where the electronics are.

also, you could try popping the keys off, which is fairly safe. I've done this on my last vaio and an old dell... it's worth a gambit if you've given up on the keyboard anyway, and *may* remove the need to buy an (expensive!) replacement.

alternately... usb keyboards are cheap. :slight_smile:

hth!