Join now - be part of our community!

Fault with Case?

profile.country.en_GB.title
RSTEPHE1
Visitor

Fault with Case?

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice ... I recently purchased a VPCEE2M1E and within two weeks of purchase the casing had cracked on the inside top right hand corner. I had not dropped or accidently damaged the laptop in anyway the crack developed from opening and closing the laptop. I contacted Sony and they confirmed that physical damage is not covered by warrenty so I paid for them to replace the casing. I have had the laptop back less than two weeks and it has started to crack again. I am being very gentle when opening and closing the laptop but it is clearly going to happen again and again. Is anyone else familiar with this fault and does anyone have any advice on how I can progress this?

ThanksGetAttachment.aspx.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I would speak to Sony Support.  Explain the situation and see what they say.  The repair would seem to be unsatisfactory.

Can you let me have the Case Number of the previous repair please?

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
10ROONEY
Visitor

I am somewhat concerned about your problem...am just about to send my laptop, due to damage caused by myself and need a replacement lid...having read your scenario, am having doubts about sending it to them

especially as I  believe Sony are very expensive when it comes to repairs