Join now - be part of our community!

No Power to Laptop

Hatchy
Visitor

No Power to Laptop

Hi I was in the middle of sending an email yesterday and all of a sudden the power just went now it wont turn on or no lights are coming on either its totality dead can you please help spec's are below

VGN - FE41E
OS - Windows 7
RAM - 2gigs

I've upgraded this laptop but that shouldn't make a difference the charger is working fine and the battery still has life in it before that happened, i still got about an hour and a half out of it

My friends laptop has the same problem but the lights come on his one but just wont turn on

VGN NR11M
OS - Vista
Ram - 1gig

Is there a fix for this or are both laptop useless now I hope not

Thanks

Hatchy

4 REPLIES 4
Hatchy
Visitor

Ive been looking around the net and found that if you take the battery out then hold the power button down for 30 seconds then plug in the ac power and turn it on that this works for some laptops ive tried this but it wouldn't work

Can anyone help please

Cheers
Jay

Hatchy
Visitor

Can anyone help please I really need to get my laptop going again if you need any more info just ask

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Jay,

From what you say, it sounds like the power board has a fault.

You will need to find a repairer.

:slight_frown:

profile.country.en_IE.title
jayhatchell
Visitor

Hi again, i fixed the problem with the VGN-FE41E by using the 30second trick, thanks

but i still have the same problem with my mates laptop

VGN NR11M
OS - Vista
Ram - 1gig

Iv tried using a different battery from the same model that didn't work i also tried the ram for the same model that also didn't work

When i turn it on the green power light comes on when the charger is plugged in, the battery light also comes on when charger is not connected plus the power light, but notting happens i cant hear any noise comming from the laptop or the screen wont come on this is the problem so when i hold down the power button to try shut it down notting happens either it wont turn off unless i remove the battery. This laptop was working fine and only 7months old when this happened all my mate was doing was surffing the web and it just shut down on him

Is there a fix for this or could you point me in the dirrection as to how to get it fixed

Thanks

Hatchy