FIX! Windows 7 BSOD in video driver (nv4_mini.sys) for vgn-fe11s

profile.country.en_GB.title
jim.6808
Visitor

FIX! Windows 7 BSOD in video driver (nv4_mini.sys) for vgn-fe11s

FIXING Windows 7 BSOD in video driver (nv4_mini.sys) for vgn-fe11s

i have a vgn-fe11s, freshly installed windows 7 & visual studio 2010 only

when i start visual studio 2010 i get BSOD

the crash is in the nvidea driver nv4_mini.sys at offset 0x1c378 -- 82033378 base 82017000
windows suggests this is something to do with directx

i downloladed this driver from the sony support website for vgn-fe11s

rolling back to standard vga driver in windows 7 resolves but the screen resolution is not native 1280x800 but instead 1024x768 so is somewhat blurred.

the video card is an OEM nvidea geforce go 7400 the sony supplied driver is dated dec 15 2005.

nvidea released updated drivers for this card dated towards end 2009 (geforce release 179.48), the doco says the drivers not supported on sony laptops as they are an OEM and therefore SONY provide there own drivers. sony website says it doesnt support windows 7 on vgn-fe11s. sony website has no newer drivers...

when run the nvidea geforce release 179.48 for win7 installer windows 7 complains and says no suitable drivers (the OEM rules....)

but the .inf files exist in ...\NVIDIA\WinVista\179.48\IS\Display\*.inf

updating driver from device manager by selecting havedisk and browsing to an .inf finds the driver and lets u install.

thankfully this fixes my problem.

1 REPLY 1
Fierose
New

I create extra an Account at Sony to say: Thank you very much. Its works perfekt. You are my Hero for today. :slight_smile:

Now are all Driver under Windows 7 32 Bit installet and no longer a Blue Screen. Also my Logitech Web Cam runs under Classic Media Player in full Screen without an BSOD.

perfect. Thx