Join now - be part of our community!

(How to uninstall & reinstall) Vaio Care 8.1 to 7.3 / [Does Sony care about its Vaio Care ?]

profile.country.en_GB.title
demonduskk
Visitor

(How to uninstall & reinstall) Vaio Care 8.1 to 7.3 / [Does Sony care about its Vaio Care ?]

I was happy with my Vaio Update to v.6.1.2.11220. But Totally not when it said to update Vaio Care to v.8.1.0.10120. Because as soon as i got it updated from previous v.7.3 , it started giving me all types of problems.

Starting from, Vaio Care crashes on my windows 7 64Bit(Home Edition). I start program. I can see it in tray[I mean not 1 or 2 but literally 10 icons of Vaio Care! ]. I hover my mouse over it then it goes away to just 1 icon.. But when I want to open interface of program, It crashes and gives me error:

"VaioShell has stopped working." & then neverending saga of windows detecting the problem & all other ******.....

I even tried to rollback my system [3 times] to the previous working state through Windows Backup & Restore option but to no avail.

Reading almost all possible topics on "Vaio Care not working" on this forum, I would like to know exactly why this is happening & why there is no proper response from sony about this problem Still [Extract from a topic - "According to some Internet sites this problem has been going from from at least July 2012 and this delay is appalling. -STONEDG"]

So now the solution, for how can i uninstall Vaio Care 8.1 & reinstall Vaio Care 7.3 [cos that was working very fine, till it started telling me - 'A new version is available please update else the Vaio Care wont run'] on my SVE15113EN

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks..

1 REPLY 1
KG1234
New

I have been having exactly the same problem for the last week! Must have started after an auto update. Precisely as you're describing it. I've had my Sony for 3 years and never had any problems. Now Vaio Care is causing me nothing but that. I'm a self-employed freelancer without tech support. My laptop is my life-line. Can someone at Sony please make a statment with clear instructions on how to solve this problem. I have no tech support and cannot solve this on my own. I've had Sony's all my life but this is starting to turn me off the brand!