Join now - be part of our community!

FW21L Wireless problems

CSinger
Visitor

FW21L Wireless problems

Hi,

I have had my vaio for about 3 months now. About a week ago the wireless ceased to work.

I turn the swich on (the light doesn't come on) and although the vaio says it is on when I go to connect it cant find any networks. Then when I go to daignose problem it tells me to turn on the wireless, even though it is on.

Can someone help?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi CSinger,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Have you checked that wireless LAN is enabled in the Vaio Smart Network utility.?

CSinger
Visitor

hey,

thanks and yeah i have.

i also recieved this email from sony,

"The problem may be caused by one of your startup programs.
1. Click Start
2. Click Run (if you are running Windows XP)
3. Type "msconfig" (directly in the "Search" field if you are running Windows Vista) and OK
4. Click the startup tab
5. Click Lanutility.exe and disable this.
6. Restart the system.

Please go to Start- Control Panel - Vaio Control Centre and then Vaio Smart Network.

Make sure that the wireless is ticked in here and then test this again."

i have followed all these steps and the problem is still exactly the same as before. and in answer to the last point the wireless was ticked in the smart newtwork.

any more ideas as to what i can do?

i heard a rumour about uninstalling and re-installing the driver but im not sure if this would work and im not too sure how to do it.

thanks again!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi CSinger,

did you install or remove anything prior to your wireless problem.?

A system restore to a point before your wireless problems began may resolve your problem.. :thinking:

Use the following link for a guide on the recovery process should you need it: System restore