Join now - be part of our community!

Graphics driver 8.15.10.1872 failed to install

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
virwong
Visitor

Graphics driver 8.15.10.1872 failed to install

I'm using model Sony VAIO VGN-NS10L and when my VAIO centre checks for updates, it shows the graphics card has a new version to update. I run the installation and it seems to complete successfully until after the laptop restart when I get the error message it has failed to install in the VAIO centre (as shown below).

Graphics driver update fail.PNG

I am unsure whether this is because I upgraded my operating system from Windows XP to Windows 7 before and the driver update is now incompatible!?

Many thanks in advance to your asnwers :slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi virwong and welcome.

8.15.10.1872 is a Windows 7 driver for the Mobile Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M. Looking at the support pages for your model, I see this driver comes in both a 32-bit and a 64-bit version. How big is the downloaded file? The 32-bit version is 60.19Mb and the 64-bit version is 78.8Mb - check you have the correct version.

Another explanation may be that this driver is already installed. Check the version of the installed driver to see if it, or a more recent version, is already installed.

You could try downloading the correct driver manually fron the support website here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-NS10L_S/updates

Alternatively, you can download the latest driver from the Intel website.

You may be right that Vaio Update is misbehaving because you have changed the OS but in the end, all you need to know is that you have the correct driver installed. If it is then you may need to just ignore this update suggestion.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi virwong and welcome.

8.15.10.1872 is a Windows 7 driver for the Mobile Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M. Looking at the support pages for your model, I see this driver comes in both a 32-bit and a 64-bit version. How big is the downloaded file? The 32-bit version is 60.19Mb and the 64-bit version is 78.8Mb - check you have the correct version.

Another explanation may be that this driver is already installed. Check the version of the installed driver to see if it, or a more recent version, is already installed.

You could try downloading the correct driver manually fron the support website here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-NS10L_S/updates

Alternatively, you can download the latest driver from the Intel website.

You may be right that Vaio Update is misbehaving because you have changed the OS but in the end, all you need to know is that you have the correct driver installed. If it is then you may need to just ignore this update suggestion.

:thinking: