Join now - be part of our community!

[GUIDE] How To Post A Screenshot

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

[GUIDE] How To Post A Screenshot

From time to time, posting a screenshot can really be handy for us to help you, so here is a guide on how to post an image to your post.

1) Write your post as usual

2) Scroll down and check the box "I would like to attach a file"

3) Click on "Post New Thread" as you usually do.

This message will appear:

4) Click on Browse and select the file you want

5) Click on the file you wish to upload and click open

7) Enter a descrpition (optional)

😎 Want to upload more than one or another type of file, then check the box as shown below:

9) Click on Attach File and wait

10) You will see this once the file is uploaded:

Follow steps 4 to 9 to add more files

10 REPLIES 10
dinozjnrvaio
Visitor

hehe thats good :slight_smile:

Gazza90
Visitor

Thats great but how do you do a screen shot in the first place... Sorry for being a dummy
:laughing:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

how do you do a screen shot 

1. press the print screen button to capture the screen shot.

NOTE: PrtScn captures an image of the entire current screen but ALT + PrtScn captures an image of the current active window only..

2. Open Adobe Photoshop Elements (or similar graphics application) , select start from scratch.

3. Once Adobe Photoshop elements opens click OK on the new window.

4. Click File (in the top left corner), them move the mouse to New, then click on Image from Clipboard

5. Press the M key on your keyboard, this selects the Rectangular Marquee Tool.

6. Move the + to the corner of the image you wish to select, press the left mouse key and drag the + to cover the area you wish to select.

7. Click Edit (in the top left corner), them click on Copy.

8. Click File (in the top left corner), them move the mouse to New, then click on Image from Clipboard.

9. Click File (in the top left corner), then click on Save As.

10. A new window will open, rename the file to something you'll remember and change the format to Jpeg.

11. Then click on save. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Or just download Gadwin Print screen for free, or even purchase snagit (lots of nice extra options with this) :slight_smile:

profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

I would like to suggest a place where you can upload the pictures for free...

Sometimes is necessary...

here...

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Thanks itbroker you can also now just click 'I would like to attach a file' and you can upload a photo here directly from your pc :slight_smile:

Gazza90
Visitor

Thanks . Simple once you know how.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome.. :slight_smile:

Thanks mate.

I would like to share with you something very special I discovered recently, a great piece of software that allows you to record a high resolution video in any compression you like, as long as codecs are available, and not corrupted by Windows Media Player release 10 and 11, in your system with audio, either from your speakers or from your microphone, again compressed with any working codec you have.

It's an OpenSource and therefor a free software and is called CamStudio

You may download it safe and free from:

http://camstudio.org/

It is awesome and the current version is toally bug free, as long as your Windows system is bug free, which is highly unlikely!

I have been using it now for three weeks and have used it to record AVI, Mpeg, QT, MP3 and 4 videos, at accurate resolutions ranging from 1280 x 800 px, down to a selected area on a webpage playing a video, about 160 x 100 px. It is also intelligent enough to autopan if the page area you are recording from moves by mistake! I have also tried ripping DVDs I play on my Vaio at 1280 x 800, near HD quality, but if you keep your capture quality too high, like 100% on any codec, the file size gets so high that CamStudio can take up to a day processing the recording, which it diligently does no matter how long it takes! But, if your intension is to rip a sequence only, like a song from a Bollywood movie, it is much, much beter than using a ripper like SuperDVDRipper, which, by the way, is the best ripper I know.

It is great if you are teaching or doing frequent presentations, like I do with a projector, and to show on a forum like this how to do something, for example to a Vaio Newbie. When I started using CamStudio to teach my usually very bored and half asleep students at the Uni where I teach, they just came alive, as if they had just seen the end of the universe coming! I am about to post a video I made, on Google Video entitled 'How to Use MicroSHIT Windows Without Shooting Willy the Kid Gates and Turning the gun on Yourself!' Watch out for this and learn a few things I had to learn the hard way by buying the heap of shite called Vaio and not an Apple Mac!

The guy who designed and built CamStudio is a great geek who lives with very little income like me, and posted this OpenSource for the greater good of the geek community. His name is 'Nick the Geek'! Oh, I'd love to meet him and buy him dinner with a few spliffs!

So, download and try it absolutely safely and try recording a small video from YouTube or MySpace, and if you love it like I do, please pay Nickie the Geekie a couple of dollars to get some bread, a can of soup and a beer, and please mention I recommended the software.

"Think Different"
BrownPolar
Edinburgh