Join now - be part of our community!

Harddisk Noice - Repairing for long time

vimalan_n
Visitor

Harddisk Noice - Repairing for long time

VGN FS515H
I have sent my Laptop for repair in warranty re: the hardisk noice.
I just want to know what is the SLA period for repair in warranty.

I have sent my laptop 24th Oct. The person told on 02Nov that hard disk was defective and would be replaced within 2 days.
I think maximum period for repairing is 15 days. But in my case 15 days have gone 6 days ago!!!!!!. :laughing:

I am chasing the case via customer care. They said that case was esclated. I told that I want my laptop on or before 22nd Nov. But Customer Care was not sure about this date. :laughing:

I am just wondering about the service level period for repair in warranty. If it is 15 days max, is sony liable after 15th day?? :thinking: .

3 REPLIES 3
Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

VGN FS515H
I am just wondering thet service level period for repair in warranty. If it is 15 days max, is sony liable after 15th day?? :thinking: .

No, Sony aren't liable for anything after 15-days. They would if they had refused to repair your machine under warranty but it appears that they are fixing it so either a bit more patience is needed (sorry, not what you want to hear) or a few more phone calls might be needed.

It might be that they are awaiting delivery of some parts from Japan. I don't know.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Hi.

The trouble is with Sony they can be very slow to repair computer equipment, a hard disk should be replaced in two days maximum, its a simple five minute job after all.

After saying that, when I sent my laptop in for repair with a serious LCD failure, it took them SIX WEEKS to repair it and ship it back to the UK. At the time I did need it, but I had to wait until the summer holidays so I didn't have any university work to do.

The best thing to do is to keep ringing them, and escalating the case until they return it, but I have no idea if Sony are liable for compensation if its taken more than 15 days to be returned.

skykit84
New

The FS has such an easy way to replace a drive... I'd have done it for you within 2 days let alone 15 lol
Theres no reason for such delay!