Join now - be part of our community!

Hardware Upgrades for VGN-A series?

Woody27
Visitor

Hardware Upgrades for VGN-A series?

Dear All,

I have only just started to add comments to the Club VAIO forum, although I have been viewing it for a long time (I'm currently on my fourth VAIO).

I have never been tempted to post much before but it seems that Sony's support is now so bad that readers need as much help as they can get.

Which brings me to ask this question:

Would any of you like me to post a detailed guide to upgrading the HDD and bluetooth / wireless-LAN modules in their VGN-A series laptops (especially as 2.5" HDD's are now up to 100 GB)?

Let me know

CW

28 REPLIES 28
Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

I'm sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with Sony Support. We all agree with you in that it's just not good enough. Hopefully Sony will visit the site and take note of your comments.

As you may know the masters and other members who answer peoples questions here are all volunteers but we do what Sony doesn't seem to do and aim to help as many people as we can. Just let us know how we can help.

As for your question please feel free to post any advice other members may benefit from but bear in mind that promoting activities that may contravine Sony copyright laws etc, may be frowned upon.

This is simply because this site is fundamentaly here to help promote Sony and and Sony's products irrespective of whether we agree or like it.:smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

A great guide to induction TR - Well done!

I'm sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with Sony Support. We all agree with you in that it's just not good enough. Hopefully Sony will visit the site and take note of your comments.

Both Kee-Lo and myself are starting to get concerns about the amount of tumbleweed setting in on the forum. Hopefully Sony will improve their support mechanism. Too many customers are complaining - this is not good enough Sony!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah apologies if I'm not as concentrated, I just get frustrated with the amounts of moaning and errors I get on the site...

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Yeah apologies if I'm not as concentrated, I just get frustrated with the amounts of moaning and errors I get on the site..

No need to apologise.:smileywink: I also get frustrated - if its not people moaning about the site, then its people moaning about their VAIO's.

I will be more positive if something more positive happens with the site and Sony support.

I rest my case your honour!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I think Sony have killed the spirit of this site, OK, Sam has been very busy, but a lot of the masters don't really spend as much time as they used to here, maybe it's a coincidence - but it does make you question of this big move, also meant a big move for some members.

Just seems to me that we've had like 7 months of moaning and not much else.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

I am going to stick it out for now - but if the site gets much worse then I will not bother nearly as much. Its driving people away not pursuading them to stay (good rap lyrics?).

Roll on the next 7 months and lets hope these are more positive.

Psaila
Visitor

Wait One Min ...............................................................................................

Sir you have helped, many many many people , all I'm sure gratefull for your kind and totaly Free Help

I see the Lack of sony direct link to this forum . As others do .

If I never used my PC again ,

One Thing I know for sure. when It did work ,it was with the kind help and adivce of Kee-lo And other's like Him .

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

One Thing I know for sure. when It did work ,it was with the kind help and adivce of Kee-lo And other's like Him .

Thanks Raymond - Kind words have not fallen on deaf ears. it is worthwhile to help people and I have helped many and seen many and will continue to do so - but I feel dragged down by the site and its resources.

It is nice to be appreciated for all the time many of us pour into this site to help others.

Woody27
Visitor

Dear All,

I think I have been a little mis-interpreted with this post (and it has got somewhat off-track)!

I am not trying to Sony Bash! and I have not recently had any real dealings with Sony support (although I have in the past!).

I have merely noticed the increasing need for help from members of this forum!

Neither do I need to be patronised. I may not be a 'vaio master' (which I presume is based on the number of posts, not necessarily the content of the posts) but I am an IT professional who has worked with Sony VAIO products since they first came out. I am therefore offering my professional advice to members of the forum in general. Actually, one of the things that has put me off posting before is exactly this type of misinterpretation / representation.

As for the suggestion of 'contrvening Sony copyright law' I find this a little bit insulting. All I am offering VGN-A users is a guide to upgrading the hardware in their laptop. There is nothing illegal about this, it may invalidate the warrently, but surely that is up to the user of the laptop!

I hope I have cleared some issue up and we can get back on track with the original nature of this post.

CW