Join now - be part of our community!

HDD un-readable VGN-FS115Z

J666GAK
Visitor

HDD un-readable VGN-FS115Z

Hello,

If anybody can help it would be much appreciated!

3 days ago my life was turned upside down when I was surfing the internet, and was showen the 'blue screen of death' regarding a memory issue and something about atapi.sys? And now when it boots up it dosen't even get to POST or able to go in to BIOS.

I am most mad with myself than anything else as I had not made backups or recovery disks, and as give software support fell like an idiot!

Anyway as it is out of warrenty, I decided to get a new HDD which I have installed to get me runing in the mean time. I have just got off the phone from Sony, which was an interesting conversation from a french gentleman it also to a while. To which he said that I had to use the coreect HDD from them or the recovery disc's that you can purchase would not work anyway!

I find it abit strange that companies who offer data recovery services recognise this model of HDD as having a common fault were the HDD becomes un-readable, and Sony continues to use them anyway in expenisve laptops!

If anybody had some recovery discs that I could have a copy of I would be really greatfull, or if anybody can offer any advice apart from how stupid that I am.

Cheers

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You could make a bootable CD with NTFS4DOS
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2170