Join now - be part of our community!

Heating problem VPCF11S1E

profile.country.da_DK.title
NemyDK
Visitor

Heating problem VPCF11S1E

Hi There 😃

I have a Sony Vaio VPCF11S1E which i bought back in april (7 months ago) and it's starting to heat up and lag when i play games (something it's never done before).

According to speedfan the temperature of the CPU is:

50-70 degrees when surfing at the internet, working in word and so on.

90-96 degrees when playing games

I've checked for virus etc and didn't find anything, i did a hijack this log which were clean so i've concluded that it has something to do with the fan being blocked by dust. I've tried to read on the subject and learn how to open your laptop and clean the fan (did this with my previously laptops from Zepto and Dell) but it seems that the Vaio-series is a bit more complex.  Anyone knows how to either open the machine or another way to clean the fans from dust (already tried compressed air).

Best regards and have a nice weekend 😃

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Opening your Vaio will almost certainly invalidate the Warranty.

Has the Vaio been used in a particularly dusty environment?

Are you using the Vaio on a hard surface - can air enter the vents on the bottom of the Vaio?

Is the fan blowing continuously in an attempt to cool the Vaio?  If not there may be a fan fault.

You may have to contact Sony for advice on the way forward.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
vimtoribena
Visitor

Not sure if applies to yours but some models were overheating, they put an update in the viao updater tool and it seems to have cooled mine down a lot.  Hope this helps :slight_smile: