Join now - be part of our community!

HELP EVERY TIME I TRY TO PLAY MUSIC I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE "music info may be corrupted"

mackiecross
Visitor

HELP EVERY TIME I TRY TO PLAY MUSIC I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE "music info may be corrupted"

Hi,

hope alls good in your part of the world!

iv had a 40gb vaio pocket for about a year, and on the whole (techy issues apart) its performed ok.

however, in the last few days, everytime i try to play any music i get the following message in the display screen:

x Error

Music info may be corrupted.
Restore music info from (Settings)

At this point I followed the advice on the screen, and restored music info, and after waiting ages....the following message was displayed:

Restore music info failed

All the updated were done on sonicstage as well on the player.

If I have to delete all the music info then so be it......but it would be a real pain in the as* if I had to do that

Any help would be most welcome....

5 REPLIES 5
Struance
Visitor

go to apple.com and get iTunes - I don't like the Vaio Music Software. It's just good looking, but not really functionable

mackiecross
Visitor

^^^^^^^^^^

and how exactly would that work or help me?

mackiecross
Visitor

come on people.........60+ views and no real feedback

help me out please!

chris_lewis
Visitor

You need to transfer your music back to your PC, then reset your player, sometimes SS/Atrac is a pain and I think this is one of those times, If you format your player you wont loose your music it will auto transfer itself back to your PC.

Have you got SS 3.3?

Itunes!!! LOL sorry! hehe.

mackiecross
Visitor

^^^^
Chris....thannks for the feedback!

got seriously pissed off and deleted the whole bloody lot. (36GB)...spent the weekend to reload my music and seems to workin now....

sony are slipping....decent hardware....but software sucks....oh well nex time il know betta!