Join now - be part of our community!

Help! Windows Crashing & battery ???

GaryOliver
Visitor

Help! Windows Crashing & battery ???

Hi all,

First post, maybe someone can point me in the right direction for help!

I have a VGN A517S, approx 18 months old. The battery is near exhausted so i have removed it completly however not replaced it yet. Does anyone know the cheapest place to purchase a new battery? Also does it matter if i have not the old one in the machine, i assume its ok to still use the laptop from the mains?

Second problm is that windows keeps crashing. All of a suddon the screen goes white and everything freezes. It does reboot although may take several attempts

Kind Regards

Gary

2 REPLIES 2
Gazza90
Visitor

Hi Gaz another Gary...

Your Vaio is ok too run, start from the mains. Your battery can go very quickly if not treated right. Once there gone there gone. Ensuring that you drain it too nothing or de-charging ensure the life of every battery every now and then.

E.bay is the only offer I can make but watch out for non-Sony items particualry from Hong Kong. You pay for what you get I am afraid.

Windows crashing... Sounds like a Graphics Card problem however it can be a number of things. Adware e.t.c... Check the number of processes via the Task Manager= Ctrl Alt Delete for access.
You may want too ensure that Windows Update is up and running as a number of Hot Fixes from Microsoft are availible particualry for vista.

Hope this helps...

GaryOliver
Visitor

Thanks Gary,

Regarding the processes via task properties, i have approx 70. Most of them end in .exe

I assume that they are all taking up my memory? Anyhows i would not have a scoobie on which ones to delete or even how to!

Any clues?

Regards