Join now - be part of our community!

hotsync pics from palm to pc, wont open

dinje
Visitor

hotsync pics from palm to pc, wont open

have a Sony Clie peg-nx7ov/e

i tranfered some pics via the hotsync to my laptop but, none of my programs reconise the format when i try to open and view them.

In the Propereties.
DSC00030.JPG
"type of file": Palm Database File. (so when i open it, it Q's up ready to transfer back to my palm).
"opens with" Install Tool Application.

I assume i have to convert it, or have a special program to open it with, which seems a bit daft, as its only a .jpg pic i took

any help?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

The reason you can't open it is because it is not in Jpeg format (As you've already worked out). The last time I checked, the only way to transfer a photo from the NX70 is via a memory stick.

If you take the photo's directly to MS then you can just copy them over.

The files you have are named DSC#####.JPG.PDB which is how the computer knows they are Palm database files and not Jpegs.

stevep-4
Visitor

is it not possibe to "save-as" on the clie?? and save as .jpg ???

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

This issue is dealt with on pages 72 and 73 of the NX70 software manual. The important bit to note is the bit which states "Before transferring the still image files, copy the image files to a Memory Stick. You cannot transfer image files stored on your Clie handheld to your computer"

dinje
Visitor

mm seems your right rob...thats crazy, if i can transfer it through hotsync, cant see why it cant convert it at the same time!

Now i have to go and buy a memory stick

Cliéguru
Visitor

Because only 2 types of files can be present in the RAM of the PalmOS devices.
- prc (soft)
- pdb (database)

No way to store other file formats in RAM. They have to be stored on extension card (MS, SD, ...)