Join now - be part of our community!

How Can I I get all the software utilities and drivers to work after installing Windows 7 ? (FOR VGC-VA1)

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
johayne98

How Can I I get all the software utilities and drivers to work after installing Windows 7 ? (FOR VGC-VA1)

Ok I have a VGC-VA1 in with a dual partition . I have XP (x86) on one Partition , in original factory condition . The computer works well enough using XP and  upon a system recovery all of the bundled software drivers and programs work accordingly .

Now I have since installed  a fresh Windows 7 ultimate x86 on the other partition . I originally tried using the windows update program to update the excisting XP install , this did not work .

So I have a Fresh Install of Windows X86 Ultimate , Windows works fine . However I have none of the utitlites , software or drivers that the XP partition has . I have tried the drivers and software on the Vaio support website , only some of them install. For example the disc eject and brightness buttons will not work on the Windows 7 partition , neither will the sound software !

The only drivers that did work were the Vaio Update ( Doesn't update much though), Avermedia TV Driver, and the Sound Driver ( yet sound effect software will not install)

Has anyone got any idea how , or able to install all of the programs for this type of Vaio under use of Windows 7?

If so how did you get it to work?

Any information is appreciated

Message was edited by: johayne98

Message was edited by: johayne98

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.de_BE.title
stephanius
Visitor

You could take the route via Vista-Village, couldn't you?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

As you have found out, Sony do not support Windows 7 on your model.

However, most of the Vista Drivers and Utilities should work.  Have you tried installing the following in order to get the Fn Keys to work: -

1. Sony Utils DLL

2. Sony Shared Library

3. Vaio Event Service

Download them from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGC-VA1&os=7

If they don't work first time, try reinstalling them.

What else is not working?

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
johayne98

Hey Blencogo , thnks for your reply , FN buttons and remote are now working Windows7 x86 , cool.

However I wanted I especially wanted the Sonicstage Mastering Audio Filter to work (VGC-VA1 has great sound)  , any ideas on that one ?

Also I wanted :

ATI CCC

Click TO DVD

Adobe Photoshop & Premiere Elements

Adobe Acrobat Pro

Vaio Information Flow

Roxio Digital Media SE

DV Gate Plus

Image Converter Plus

The above programs are installed by diffult with the system recovery tool on Win XP x86 . Any Idedas how to install them on windows 7?

stephanius
Visitor

HI Johanye09,

the bundled software is bound by license to the original factory installation. To continue to use them under a newer Windows Version, your only option is the upgrade installation which inherits the installed software and license.

I'd recommend to go and look for replacement software rather than roll back to the old OS and upgrade, but at least evaluate what (free) options you have to get the same functionality back.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Unfortunately, there is no upgrade route from XP to Windows 7.

:slight_frown:

stephanius
Visitor

You could take the route via Vista-Village, couldn't you?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Yes - the double-upgrade route should work but, like you, I don't think I would recommend it!  You would need a suitable Upgrade copy of Windows Vista, an Upgrade copy of Windows 7 and a lot of patience to do two upgrades.

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
johayne98

OK  Cool

I just REALLY want the Sonic Stage Audio Filter , just that one Utility to work Any Ideas?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I have sent you a Private Message.

:wink:

profile.country.GB.title
johayne98

So which versions of Vista and Windows 7 would I need to upgrade the double upgrade route ?