Join now - be part of our community!

Windows7-32bit upgrade.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
smehta
Visitor

Windows7-32bit upgrade.

Hi,

If I perform a Custom Install on my laptop using the Windows7-32bit upgrade disk to upgrade my WindowsVista-32bit. Then after upgrading - will I be able to use the Sony Recovery option (in case of file corruptions etc.) to get the Windows7-32bit as a **factory state** or will I get WindowsVista-32bit as a **factory state***.

Will the Sony Recovery work at all after custom installation of Windows7-32bit as the new operating system?

Thanks for your replies/suggestions.

S Mehta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

No - the Recovery Partition remains unchanged and would return the Vaio to factory configuration (Vista 32-bit).

If you want to back up your new Windows 7 setup the best thing to do is to make a 'mirror' of your new hard drive with Windows 7 installed and configured.

You can use several programs like Acronis True Image to do this.

http://www.acronis.co.uk/promo/ATIH2011/ATI-ALL/index.html?source=uk_googleATI_b&ad=ati&c=1231180019...

:wink:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

No - the Recovery Partition remains unchanged and would return the Vaio to factory configuration (Vista 32-bit).

If you want to back up your new Windows 7 setup the best thing to do is to make a 'mirror' of your new hard drive with Windows 7 installed and configured.

You can use several programs like Acronis True Image to do this.

http://www.acronis.co.uk/promo/ATIH2011/ATI-ALL/index.html?source=uk_googleATI_b&ad=ati&c=1231180019...

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
smehta
Visitor

Hi,

Am I correct in understanding that no matter which installation of Windows7-32bit upgrade (ie. upgrade or custom) I choose to install over the WindowsVista-32bit,  the original Recovery Partition will remain unchanged and I would be able to return to the Vaio Factory Configuration with the Vista-32bit which was originally installed?

In effect it doesn't matter which upgrade of Windows7-32bit I choose the factory configuration and the original recovery partition will remain unchanged.

Thanks for your reply/suggestion.

S Mehta

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You are correct.

:slight_smile: