Join now - be part of our community!

How can I start Bios on my SVE1112M1EW without Operation system Windows 8

profile.country.en_GB.title
Tododo
Visitor

How can I start Bios on my SVE1112M1EW without Operation system Windows 8

Hallo, I moved harddisc from SV to second notebook Acer, than I select format this disc. Before  I had os win. 8, but I deleted with format. I returned disc to my SV because I wanted to instal win. 7, but I cant go to bios. So if I power on SV, netbook writing Operating System Not Found and I cant go to bios after pushing F2. What I have to do? Thx for your reactions

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Tododo,

I have no firsthand knowledge of this but according to the linked tutorial...

•    1. Hold "Power" Key more than 4 seconds during the process of startup Windows 8 computer, then restart the computer again.
•    2. Switch off power and press "Power" key more than 20 seconds during the process of startup computer, then restart computer again to enter BIOS settings menu.

http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com/win8/set-bios-in-windows-8.html

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
Tododo
Visitor

Hm, when I hold "Power" key mor than 4 seconds, notebook was switch off. And there is one problem, that notebook is without win.8 so it is without operating system and I expecting that it is very, very, very big problem :-

Message was edited by: Tododo

columcat
New

To get into the bios on the SVE1112M1EW power down the computer if powered up.

Press the "assist" button.

Tthis will start the computer with the "VAIO" logo then take you directly into the "VAIO CARE Rescue Mode" and offer you a menu.

Just choose the option you require.

To install windows 7 you will need to turn off the "Secure Boot" mode and select "Legacy Boot" in the bios.

Windows 7 should then install.

Make sure you have all the drivers you need.

Good Luck.