Join now - be part of our community!

How I can contact VAIO LINK to check if they can fix my graphic card only and not the LCD screen?

profile.country.el_GR.title
takis001
Visitor

How I can contact VAIO LINK to check if they can fix my graphic card only and not the LCD screen?

I have a VGN-FZ21Z which does not operate at all.
I send it to Greece Sony support for a check. The answer was that I have 3 problems

1) with graphic card (NOTE: extended support is provided by SONY & can be fixed without a payment)

2-3) with LCD & LCD cable

I request to have only a fix of my graphic card in order to use it with an external monitor but the answer was that I should send to VAIO LINK at Belgium but before I must fix the LCD & LCD cable.

I want to fix only my graphic card in order to use my norebook with an external monitor

How I can contact VAIO LINK at Belgium either by e-mail or phone in order to check if they can fix my graphic card only and not the LCD screen?

I do not want to send a mail and wait for a long time for a response.

Finally I must have a concrete answer that my request is possible in order to send my notebook for fixing.

I do not want to send it and receive it back either not fixed or asking for a payment for LCD.

Thanks,Takis

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.de_DE.title
ewstach
Visitor

Hello Takis,

it won't help you much, but I'm really stunned, you know???!!

Sony support really sucks! I have a Vaio Vgn Fz21e laptop and all of a sudden the graphic card went broken and I had fine lines all across my screen. (This problem, I learned after surfing the net for a while, is quite normal for those vaio-notebooks, as it seems to be a built-in-problem, which Sony produced while manufacturing these Fz21e-Series!!!)

In my case I was so "lucky" to find a support office in Hamburg... the only Sony-licensed one!!! I mean Hamburg is quite a big city and a company as big as Sony shouldn't force their customers to drive for about an hour into the very suburbs to get to a Sony-licensed support center.... well, anyway...

So I dropped off my laptop there and they diagnosed after about a week that a LCD-cable needed to be replaced, as well as the graphic card. The graphic card they would swap for free, because Sony messed up while constructing this laptop. But as the LCD-cable allegedly needed replacement, they sent me a bill over 70 Euros! Well, I told them I just wanted the new graphic card, nothing else and that I wouldn't pay for anything else. So they only did the graphic card exchange. (I think they exchanged the whole mainboard..)

When I came to pick up my laptop, I tried it right there in front of the crew. And everything worked fine!!! I asked the workers there how came that they wanted to make me exchange the LCD cable as well and they couldn't help me with an answer...

Well, after this kind of "support" or rather cheating their customers, I really would be very careful with Sony support and only let them fix whatever falls under their warranty. I don't think you have to accept any further work on your laptop. I think it's a big, messed up game they try to play with their customers.
And I sure wouldnt recommend anyone to buy a Sony Vaio anymore!

By the way, did you try to install windows 7 on your laptop? Any ideas how to make the card-reader etc work again?
This is another thing that really sucks! No support at all.....

All the best with your laptop! By the way, is there no Sony support center in Greece at all?? Sending it to Belgium sounds a bit dodgy to me....

Cheers from Hamburg,
Anne

Message was edited by: -frank-