Join now - be part of our community!

How to activate wireless (wifi) on VPCEH3C5E

profile.country.DK.title
NicolaiGodthaab
New

How to activate wireless (wifi) on VPCEH3C5E

Hi guys,

I need some afvise regarding my 6 years old Sony Vaio VPCEH3C5E.

The original harddrive died a few month ago, so my collegue installed a new one. Now I have a working computer with a clean harddrive and an older version of Windows 7pro.

My problem is, that I am not alle to get the computer to turn on wireless, even though the button on the front is turned on.

Any advise on how to get it working? A computer without programs and no internetconnection is no fun.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Are you able to install the latest firmware?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Nicolai and welcome.

When the hard drive is changed, you lose all the preinstalled drivers and utilities that are on the old drive. You need to go tho the Support area for your model and download the missing software. The download area can be found here for your model:-

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/laptop-pc-vpc-series/vpceh3c5e?downloads-num=65

If you go to Device Manager there will be an exclamation mark against all the hardware that has lost its drivers.

From what you say it sounds like, at the very least, you need to download and install the Wireless LAN drivers, the Vaio Smart Network driver and the Sony Notebook Utilities - and probably many more!