Join now - be part of our community!

How to clean my Vaio from Virus or Trojan?

tesourodaflora
Visitor

How to clean my Vaio from Virus or Trojan?

Hello,
i have an Vaio VGN-S4M/S with a recovery partition and two normal partitions (C and D).
Now Ive got a virus o :devil: r Trojan and my antivirus- and antispamtools do not kill them completly.
So how can i get shure to kill them by myself? Can I format disk C and then via F11
start a recovery only with disk C (not D)? What is the most secure procedure to clear my Vaio?
Thanks for your attention.

19 REPLIES 19
Resonate
Visitor

Hi tesourodaflora,

Have you tried to Download AVG Free Edition AntiVirus this is a very simple, Light weight but extremely effective Anti-Virus. Firstly before Formating. Check through you Zipped folder's By scanning through them or any recently downloaded applications, Folders, Zip Files etc as these are the most common type of entrance i also recommend on using the Block All Traffic with your Firewall so any infections cannot contact home. Once you have found the Viruses your Anti-Virus should retain these Viruses in Quarantine or a Vault from here you can send a copy of the virus to HQ to examine or you can permanently delete them. The Zip Folders, Folders & Files that are infected you will need to delete off your comp. so delete then delete your Recycle Bin. I would recommend trying the above procedure a few times over as a complete Format is alot of Hassle.

VAIO Recovery.......................................
* Did you create Recovery Discs for your Model :smileyconfused:. If you did Simply backUp all your important data that you need & will restore back to your System. All you need to do is insert your System Recovery Disc & Boot your System & it should take you from there :smileywink:. If you did not create these Disks then use your Recovery Recovery Utility & choose to Recover My Computer :smileygrin:

motoxxx
Visitor

hello resonate,
i have Avira Antivir,for you is good that antivirus???

profile.country.tr_TR.title
eray.atil
Visitor

Hello, my recomendation is AVAST Antivirus. It is a free virus software for personal users.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi there

to be honest its not one of the best known.

Lots of people like AVG Free / Pro, Nod 32, Kaspersky etc.

Free trials are available for most of the top ones.

tesourodaflora
Visitor

thanks for your answers.
Ive tried AVG Free and its not so bad like my formerly antivirus software alwil avast 4 in that case. (Generally I dont know what is better, but avast never found anything until it was active and then properbly it was to late.)
Ive tried AVG Antispyware too and it makes a good impression even better then AdAware in that case, cause it found more.
Ive got some Tracking Cookies and a Trojan Horse like Generic2.SKB :devil:

But it doesnt matter what both AVG software is eliminating, since two days everytime I open IE7 other pages does open automaticly together and try to confince me to do their <profanity removed by moderator>.

Thatswy I think to end the trouble by format C and recover from recovery partition. Is tha possible or is it risky to do a format. How is the most secure procedure?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi tesourodaflora

Start your vaio in Safe mode (press F8 repeatedly when starting your vaio) and then do a virus scan with AV..

tesourodaflora
Visitor

Which account should I use to start the safety mode, my personal administrator or the official administrator account (which I dont use normaly)?
Do you know that?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi

Official Administrator account..

Resonate
Visitor

To be Honest guys as far as Security Software goes i prefer to have a Brute Force Program rather then a System Resource hogger i.e McAfee & Norton they are good tools however the pure memory & system resource is a put off for me & i would rather go without :smileyhappy:, Luckly tho the people who think like us have designed such Software were it does not use a fraction as Norton & McAfee one being AVG.

Anyway from being able to use a computer since i can remember i have tried & tested many forms of Security as many others will have too, Today i use the following tools to which i would rate to the Very highest standard, reliability & effectivness

AntiSpyware - AVG Anti-Spyware Free

AntiVirus - AVG Anti-virus Free

Firewall - Comodo Firewall PRO Free

System Cleaner - CCleaner

These tools in my Opinion will take alot of beating for me to ever think of Uninstalling & Replacing them not once since thse 4 items came together have i ever had a problem :wink: