Join now - be part of our community!

How to clean my Vaio from Virus or Trojan?

tesourodaflora
Visitor

How to clean my Vaio from Virus or Trojan?

Hello,
i have an Vaio VGN-S4M/S with a recovery partition and two normal partitions (C and D).
Now Ive got a virus o :devil: r Trojan and my antivirus- and antispamtools do not kill them completly.
So how can i get shure to kill them by myself? Can I format disk C and then via F11
start a recovery only with disk C (not D)? What is the most secure procedure to clear my Vaio?
Thanks for your attention.

19 REPLIES 19
tesourodaflora
Visitor

So i have restarted my Vaio in safety mode startet all AVG Scan Tools, even a vcleaner.exe ive downloaded from the AVG-website, without any effect. Nothing was found and removed and when I startet IE7 a view seconds later other internet websites open automaticly. Unfortunotly.

Ive read there is a Firewall tool called Comodo Firewall PRO Free. Is it realy better to run that instead of the windows XP- build in Firewall?

Maybe I should deinstall and reinstall the IE7 Software if there issomething inside of the browser-programm?

I also run Ccleaner at my Vaio, this is a nice tool, easy and right effectiv but it cant help me in that case.

Im looking for any further ideas.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

other internet websites open automaticly.

What other internet web pages open..?

If you're unable to clean your System, you may have to run the vaio recovery tool to restore your Vaio back to it's factory settings.. :slight_frown:

As to firewalls, Comodo Firewall is a good choice but there are also others such as Sygate Personal Firewall , ZoneAlarm Free and Outpost

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi,

Try these ideas:

1. Select a blank page in IE7 by typing about:blank into the address bar. Click on the little arrow to the right of the House in your IE7 toolbar. Choose to change your Homepage. Select Make this my only Homepage .

2. Start -> Run and type in msconfig and press Enter. In the System Configuration Utitity click on Startup. Let us know what programs are listed to start automatically.

3. Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Scheduled Tasks. What Tasks are scheduled to run automatically.

4. Start -> Run and type in regedit and press enter. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ and look in all the keys and sub-keys for any unusual values for the following: -

Run
Homepage
LocalPage
URL
Search Assistant
Custom Search

Don't change anything but let us know what you find.

5. Make sure you have downloaded and installed all Microsoft's Critical Updates. Make sure you have a good firewall like ZoneAlarm (free) and a couple of good Anti-Spyware programs like AVG and SpyBot (Both free).

:wink:

tesourodaflora
Visitor

thanks,
but this could get a neverending story and it costs a lot of time to do this stuff.
Finally i have to do all that things what an antivirus software do automaticly manual.

It is possible that specialy AVG Antispyware 7.5 need a lot of resources, and my Vaio takes a lot time to start up?

I realy prefer to clean my system radical and need to know, if there is it done by make a recovery of my Vaio system backup or is it neccesary to format C?

Does annyone has experiences with format a Vaio?

Thanks a lot of all your suggestions
(I keep windows update activ and trust the Windows XP Firewall to safe my system so far as well and then together with AVG Antivirus and AVG Antispyware and CCleaner and maybe when i start surfing in the future with Virtual PC 2004 SP1 when I do all that things on a non System-Administrative-Account I should be safe enough, hopefully.)

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi

Here is a guide on how to restore your vaio, make sure you back up any important data first and also check this is virus free.. :wink:

I think it would be a better idea to use another firewall rather that the supplied by Windows XP.. :wink:

tesourodaflora
Visitor

Thanks Thalamus!

But there is no neccesarity to format, is it?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

No I don't think you need to format.. :slight_smile:

SatansPuppet
Visitor

Buy a Mac... According to the new adverts Macs don't never get poorly.... :tongue:

tesourodaflora
Visitor

when I make a recovery restore, does I realy have to load the default settings of the BIOS (like the description offers)?

I have never changed anything in the BIOS.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

TrojanHunter
http://www.misec.net/