Join now - be part of our community!

how to install memory upgrade on laptop

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
DollFin
Explorer

how to install memory upgrade on laptop

Hi everyone. I have a new Vaio SVT 1313L1ES laptop. It has 4 GB of RAM memory.

I have just bought an 8 GB memory ugrade from Crucial.

Because |I know that it is possible to install such upgrades oneself, I expected to see the RAM slot clearly visible and accessible when I removed the back panel of the laptop.

It wouls then have been a simple matter of replacing the 4 Gb with the 8 Gb.

But I could not see any slots when I opened the back of the laptop. I could see a corner of what I took to be the RAM module, but it was buried under various bits and pieces.

My question is where can i find installation instructions? Thanks for any help or advice,

Laurence

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi DollFin,

I haven’t seen this model but according to the manual for this model the memory slot can be accessed from a compartment on the underside.

In addition, the specifications state that it is shipped with 4GB (onboard) memory and is upgradable to 8GB. This suggests to me that there is one available empty slot that will accept a single 4GB module to upgrade to the max. of 8GB.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVT1313L1ES/specifications

SVT131.JPG

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi DollFin,

I haven’t seen this model but according to the manual for this model the memory slot can be accessed from a compartment on the underside.

In addition, the specifications state that it is shipped with 4GB (onboard) memory and is upgradable to 8GB. This suggests to me that there is one available empty slot that will accept a single 4GB module to upgrade to the max. of 8GB.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVT1313L1ES/specifications

SVT131.JPG

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
DollFin
Explorer

Hi rich912. Thanks very much for the advice. I followed the link and was able to install the memory upgrade. Thanks again,

Laurence

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Pleased to have been of help Laurence :slight_smile:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat