Join now - be part of our community!

How to open up a VGN-SR19VN to clean out the dust?

SOLVED
profile.country.de_AT.title
lukmllne
Visitor

How to open up a VGN-SR19VN to clean out the dust?

Hi!

Since about half a year my VAIO gets quite hot and I suspect it's mainly due to dust accumulating in the device. I tried the suggested way of using canned air to blow the dust out, but to no avail.

Warranty is already over and I would like to open the thing and clean out the dust. From the bottom of the device I can't reach any relevant parts, so I'd like to remove the keyboard to clean under it.

Can anyone explain to me how to remove the keyboard without breaking anything?

Thanks in advance,

Lukas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Lukas,

I think this may help: -

http://erkinson.altervista.org/smontare-sony-vaio-vgn-sr-upgrade-cpu/

I think it shows everything you will need.  When you have removed all the marked screws, the keyboard slides to the left and can then be removed.  Getting the bottom off looks tricky!!

Good Luck.

:wink:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.bg_BG.title
Valeri-VAIO
New

Sorry for my bad english :slight_smile:

I've opened many laptops. I haven't open VAIO yet, but I can give you advise:

- Take a blank bage and make a scheme to remember the place of each screw - they are not the equal.

- You have to take off the bottom. In some laptops the bottom screws holds the keyboard. I some you'll see other screw that holds it after you take off the bottom. But in some laptops you don't need to take off the keyboard to clean the dust from coolers and the fan.

Good luck :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Lukas,

I think this may help: -

http://erkinson.altervista.org/smontare-sony-vaio-vgn-sr-upgrade-cpu/

I think it shows everything you will need.  When you have removed all the marked screws, the keyboard slides to the left and can then be removed.  Getting the bottom off looks tricky!!

Good Luck.

:wink:

profile.country.de_AT.title
lukmllne
Visitor

Hey,

that was EXACTLY what I was looking for!

I tried it right away after I read your reply and even managed to get the bottom off. It actually is not too hard if you are careful and patient :smileywink:.

Thank you very much, Blencogo! And also thanks to Valeri-VAIO for the effort!

Cheers,

Lukas