Join now - be part of our community!

HSDPA Data Card and Express 34 card slot on Vaio Notebooks

Zane81
Visitor

HSDPA Data Card and Express 34 card slot on Vaio Notebooks

I had left a response on a previous thread but I think this warrents it's own thread.

Regarding the Express 34 slots Vaio notebooks which replace PCMCIA and lack of availability of supporting hardware.

I have been trying to get hold of a data card that will fit my Sony C2Z/B and it is proving very difficult, the cards supplied by all phone networks in the UK are the older PCMCIA type.

I noticed that T-Mobile are working Sony in supplying the 3G service for internet on the go, however the Express cards are supplied by Sony and only the service is provided by T-Mobile, therefore if your notebook did not come with an Express 34 data card included in the box then there is no way of getting connected.

I have emailed o2, Three, Vodaphone, T-Mobile and Orange and none currently or plan to supply data cards in the new Express form. Apparently the reason I am told is that the new Express technology was suddenly introduced and the olde PCMCIA technology without being announced to give the Phone networks time to provide a solution. As a result many phone networks are dealing with returned data cards because customers find out that they are not compatible after they purchase them.

If anyone has any information on this it would be helpful to know when the cards will be available to buy in the UK and if Sony supply them direct?

Thanks

Ryan

0 REPLIES 0