Join now - be part of our community!

I can't burn cd's or upload software

profile.country.en_GB.title
jamjones9
Visitor

I can't burn cd's or upload software

Since i purchased this machine it has started to break down.... now it is just out of warranty (1 year old) it's really playing up - for example, explorer crashes my machine ,it tends to crash once a week from random unknowns, it wont burn cd's, it turns the wireless connection on and off randomly, it wont let me upload software (sony mobile phone software) i dont expect to have to pay for this but i cant find anywhere i can get this fixed . Sony have said to it to where i bought it but they refuse to take it... because its over a years warranty.... the problems with this machine are from new...i only discover them when i come to do something new..... how would i know that i cant burn a cd until i try....is it mandatrty that i try within the first years warranty...as you can tell i am at my wits end....i have a meeting with trading standards tomorrow to see if they can help.... why i have to do this is beyond a joke

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Sony have said to it to where i bought it but they refuse to take it

Hi JamieJones,

welcome to club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

That's very unusual for Sony to ask you to take it back to the retailer.. :thinking:

Could you let us know your case number and the date you contacted Sony support please.?

jamjones9
Visitor

i cant believe i just found this old post...sorry but i cant remember any of those details... how else could you find a record of me being insulted by sony staff and being reduced to tears on the phone... i got nowhere with the supplier ...can you help this computer is exactly the same.. thatys why im back here... wireless is intermittent, the wlan switch is lit but it loses connection... ? any ideas ? please check my most recent thread for all the solutions i have ried in the last few years....

thank you

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

i cant believe i just found this old post...sorry but i cant remember  any of those details... how else could you find a record of me being  insulted by sony staff and being reduced to tears on the phone... i got  nowhere with the supplier ...

Unfortunately I do not have access to those type of records, you'll need to contact Sony vaio support..:smileysad:

jamjones9
Visitor

so you want me to call back the call centre in ireland that were rude and unhelpful at the start of the problem in 2008 , the same call centre that refused to assist in the first place, the call centre that is delibrately obstructive as it is unhelpful, the call centre that still 4 years on ranks as one of the lowest points of my human existance... thats really smart advice ?

how about think again...a postal address would be nice ?

quite simply ---

customer Q - i'm having issues calling the call centre ?

sony A - i suggest you call the call centre....

you couldn't make it up !!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

jamjones9 wrote:

so you want me to call back the call centre in ireland that were rude and unhelpful at the start of the problem in 2008 , the same call centre that refused to assist in the first place, the call centre that is delibrately obstructive as it is unhelpful, the call centre that still 4 years on ranks as one of the lowest points of my human existance... thats really smart advice ?

how about think again...a postal address would be nice ?

quite simply ---

customer Q - i'm having issues calling the call centre ?

sony A - i suggest you call the call centre....

you couldn't make it up !!

I'm guessing you are not aware that that the people who generally respond to post on these forums are not Sony employees but users, this includes myself, who give there time  freely to try to help out when possible.

So I'll ignore your rudeness on this occasion but I suggest if want some answers to your questions then YES you'll need to contact OFFICIAL Sony support which can be fond using the following link - Sony Support, as there is little than we can do to help your here..