Join now - be part of our community!

I can't log in to Vaio after sales support - please help!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
alegray94
Visitor

I can't log in to Vaio after sales support - please help!

Hi folks

I could really do with some help as I seem to be falling at the first hurdle.

I have an issue that my VGN Z3 (purchased April 2009) keeps turning itself off with no warning. I don't have a technical bone in my body and so wanted to contact Vaio Support for some help. In order to do so, I have to enter my laptop's serial number on this page (http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/index.aspx?l=en_GB). I am physically able to enter the first part in Box A but not Box B. It's as if there is no field in which to enter infomation - my cursor can't click into the box.

This note (http://genesis.sony-europe.com/instranet/ccil_sony/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=42410&l=en_GB) available under the log in boxes states: logging on to our website by serial number uses some ActiveX code.  If serial detection does not function, it probably means that your browser security is set at High, or ActiveX is disabled.  In this case, please open your browser settings, and set the security level for Internet at Default.

I think I have done this correctly but to no effect. Could you please help?

Thanks so much - I'd really appreciate your help as I'm feeling rubbish that I can't even log in!   :smileyblush:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Apparently it can take some time for Serial numbers to be checked against the database.

So please try the following -

As  before type in the first 8 digits of your Vaio's serial number and  press the space bar, allow some time for the number to be recognised,  then all being well the box should turn green.

Then key in the remaining 7 digits into Serial Number box B

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi alegray94,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Tyr this - after typing in the first 8 digits of your Vaio's serial number press  the space bar, hopefully the box should turn green, allowing you to key  in the remaining 7 digits into Serial Number box B..

If this doesn't resolve the problem let us know and we'll try to help further..

alegray94
Visitor

Hi Thalamus

Thanks so much for your speedy response - I'm very grateful for your reply.

I gave your tip a try this morning but, unfortunately, to no avail...  :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

All  I can offer in a way of a solution to your current problem is to try  and contact vaio support by phone using the UK out of warranty number  0905 0310006 (0.35£/min)

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Apparently it can take some time for Serial numbers to be checked against the database.

So please try the following -

As  before type in the first 8 digits of your Vaio's serial number and  press the space bar, allow some time for the number to be recognised,  then all being well the box should turn green.

Then key in the remaining 7 digits into Serial Number box B

alegray94
Visitor

You star - that worked like a charm! Thank you!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome..:smileygrin: