Join now - be part of our community!

I didn't received my warranty!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
MikeakaBlackBerry
Visitor

I didn't received my warranty!

Hello guys,

I placed the order for a customized product (E series), VPCEJ2C5E on October 26. Monday on November 7 my product arrrived and I went to the SONY CENTRE to pick it up. The store saleman told me that when I connect to internet for the first time my warranty will automaticaly apply...  I also registered my product online.

Two days later, on Wednesday I went again to the store and I spoke with another saleman that told me: "You should received an e-mail with your warranty, check your inbox and spam folders." I checked again my inbox, my spam folder and nothing about WARRANTY!

It's been a week and still I dont' know nothing about my warranty... How ca I check if my warranty is applied already ? Any help !?

Cheers,

MIKE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

VPCEJ2C5E is the correct Model Name for registration and all Support on the Sony website.

NEVER use a Model Type starting PGC- this is just the chassis model and can be shared by many different models.  Anyway it is not a valid model and will not be recognised.

Did you use the link i gave in the last post and just enter the Serial Number?  Do that and use the contact telephone number to confirm all is OK with Vaio Support.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Mike and welcome.

The first salesman was correct - Registering your Vaio with Model, Serial Number, Date of Purchase and the dealer you bought it from, along with your Name and Contact Details will automatically start your warranty.  I would also keep your proof of purchase so you can show the purchase date if necessary.

You should have received a booklet with the Guarantee details in general terms in the box with your Vaio and this is all you will receive (or need).

I'm sure Sony would honour your guarantee even if it is not registered as long as you have proof of purchase but it is always better to register as this will entitle you to Vaio Support during the warranty period as well as activating the Guarantee.

I hope you enjoy your new Vaio.

:wink:

MikeakaBlackBerry
Visitor

Thanks for help. I registered my product here: https://registration.sonystyle-europe.com/vaio/registration.asp

It's that correct? I mean... when I log in and go to My Sony, register your product and when I enter my model name it doesn't accept that model! :thinking:

Also when I check about my products, registered products is nothing there too !? :anguished:

Message was edited by: MikeakaBlackBerry

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

That's fine - Vaio are on a different database from other Sony products and will not be shown on the My Sony list.

To confirm your Vaio is registered go here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts

Click on Vaio & Computing and enter your Serial Number.  Check that it is recognised by clicking 'Validate'.  If it is registered and within Warranty you will be offered Phone Support and also Email or Post Support to an address in Belgium..

MikeakaBlackBerry
Visitor

Hello again. I forgot something to tell you... When I registered my product I've entered my model name found on VAIO Care software. But, on my product box there are two model numbers: one is Product Name (that's the one I used to register) and the other one is Model No. (I think this is the correct one which is needed for registration !).

Unfortunately I used the Product Name (VPCEJ2C5E) at registration instead of using the Model No., because it asked me about my Model No. ! :thinking: Also I think should work too on My Sony to register it using my Model No., which is on my product box. :wink:

L.E.: Is not working on My Sony using Model No. found on the box.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

VPCEJ2C5E is the correct Model Name for registration and all Support on the Sony website.

NEVER use a Model Type starting PGC- this is just the chassis model and can be shared by many different models.  Anyway it is not a valid model and will not be recognised.

Did you use the link i gave in the last post and just enter the Serial Number?  Do that and use the contact telephone number to confirm all is OK with Vaio Support.

MikeakaBlackBerry
Visitor

Yes, I've used the link that you gaved to me. When I enter my Serial Number they're offering me Phone Support, E-mail or Post and Chat Support. So now I need to call them and ask them everything is fine with my VAIO? :slight_smile: