Join now - be part of our community!

i have a 3 months old Sony Vaio VPCEB and began to heat up very bad

SOLVED
profile.country.ro_RO.title
tzk123
Visitor

i have a 3 months old Sony Vaio VPCEB and began to heat up very bad

Hello,

i have a 3 months old Sony Vaio VPCEB and began to heat up very bad for 1 week.

i just reinstall the Windows and same result, after 1 hour start to heat up again.

what should i do.

it works perfectly for 3 months and began to disappoint me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

That is warm but quite honestly 73C is not seriously overheating when your processor is operating for a while at 100%. 

The processor performance only starts to deteriorate when the temperature exceeds 90C so the fan is controlling the temperature OK.

I don't think there is an easy fix but if you are concerned about the fan noise, I would speak to Vaio Support to see if they have any ideas.

:smileyconfused:.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Please download PC Wizard and tell us exactly what temperatures the CPU, GPU & HDD reach and what software you are running when it overheats.

http://download.cnet.com/PC-Wizard-2010/3000-2094_4-10793737.html

Also where are you using the Vaio - on a hard surface or on a soft surface like a bed which will cover the ventilation ducts?

Is the fan running fast when the Vaio is hot?

:thinking:

tzk123
Visitor

hi again,

thanks for the tips but i instal the program i test my tempereature and when my processor is 100% the temperature is 73C23.JPG

I install today the Windows XP Pro but same overheating.

usually the laptop stay on my desk.

and yes the fan is on when is hot and makes a strange sound like a vacuum cleaner

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

That is warm but quite honestly 73C is not seriously overheating when your processor is operating for a while at 100%. 

The processor performance only starts to deteriorate when the temperature exceeds 90C so the fan is controlling the temperature OK.

I don't think there is an easy fix but if you are concerned about the fan noise, I would speak to Vaio Support to see if they have any ideas.

:smileyconfused:.

tzk123
Visitor

Ok thank you for the answers,

Actually i panic because overheating since one friend of mine had the same problem with heat for 1 week and the processor was burned.

profile.country.fr_FR.title
ahzahri
Visitor

I have the same probleme. the computer starts chouting and overheats ! i was obliged to open the keyboard (since the fan is under the keyboard and not under the laptop). now i can't do anything on my computer and its very sad.
Just to know that its a common problem on this version VPCEB to overheats .... i wonder if there is any real solution to the problem cause that bios upgrade aint working !
And now i have my laptop opened all the time so i can use the web browser correctly.