Join now - be part of our community!

I have problems with video hardware on Ubuntu 12.10. I'am using Sony VAIO SVE1711V1RB laptop

profile.country.ru_RU.title
AlexanderKabakov
Visitor

I have problems with video hardware on Ubuntu 12.10. I'am using Sony VAIO SVE1711V1RB laptop

Hi,

I have problems with video hardware on Ubuntu 12.10. I'am using Sony VAIO SVE1711V1RB laptop. And it has AMD Radeon HD 7650M video adapter. I've tried both open source and proprietary (including beta version) drivers. Both shows artifacts. I wish to provide any support and information.

With open source driver my screen is shifted to the right on 33PERCENTAGESIGN. So I see right edge of image on left side of screen. Framebuffer corrupted is the such way too.

With proprietary drivers from Catalyst 12.10 to 13.3 beta 3 I have weird artifacts too. Screen isn't redrawn properly. For example when I type long line of text into konsole letters will be invisible and will be show only when big portion of screen will be redrawn (window resize, etc). Same behavior is everywhere: In small window glxgears displaying static image, and shows perfect FPS in console.When I expand glxgears window to fullscreen gears starts to rotate properly. I've created bug report http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=716

, but nobody answered.

Update to stabe Catalyst 13.4 only makes more artifacts

--

Regards,
Alexander

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Edited for personal details

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.de_DE.title
kaktys3431
Visitor

And how do you answer if your post written in Roman alphabet?

Vaio laptops are not supplied with the operating system Ubuntu 12.10.

Responses suggest searching the Ubuntu forums. You probably need to update fideodrayver means ubuntu, and everything should be fine.

А как Вам отвечать, если Ваш пост написан латиницей?

Vaio не поставляет ноутбуки с операционной системой Ubuntu 12.10.

Ответы рекомендую искать на форуме Ubuntu.

Вам наверняка следует обновить фидеодрайвер средствами ubuntu, и всё должно стать нормально.