Join now - be part of our community!

I want to upgrade ram on my sony vaio

SOLVED
Jammy100
New

I want to upgrade ram on my sony vaio

I want an aditional 4GB of ram for my Sony Vaio S13 but i'm not sure which ones would be compatible, or do i just buy any? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I think CT4253118 is the one you need: -

http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=96162895A5CA7304

It should fit OK - just imagine that you are looking at the module from the back!!!

RAM1.jpg          OR      RAM2.jpg

:wink:

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi Jammy100 and welcome to the community :slight_smile:

If you run this scanner from Crucial, it will scan your system and tell you exactly what you need.

Crucial are a reputable company and several of us have used them before with no problems.

The scanner is safe :slight_smile:

Jammy101
Explorer

um, when i run the scanner it just opens a notpad file that looks like this: http://s12.postimg.org/vvinuws4d/*****.png

what does that mean?

amergstar
Explorer

jumpsuit can you please help me i got a sony vaio VPCJ21L0E all in one pc. and i tryed updating the graphics driver i get this error   

A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact yourcomputer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.  

help please.

Jammy101
Explorer

hey hey hey! get your own thread buddy! 

amergstar
Explorer

im truly sorry i didnt no how to create one but ive created one now :laughing:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again all :slight_smile:

@ Jammy100 Curses! My apologies, I had forgotten Windows 8 is a 'locked down' system and doesn't like people trying to run exe. files (I don't use it - my desktop cries if I do.)

Have a look here and just insert manufacturer, model etc and it will tell you what is compatible and prices.

There is room for us all in these threads lol.

Hi amergstar - I will post back shortly, just exercising my brain a little.

amergstar
Explorer

ok ty

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Have pm'ed you amergstar :wink:

amergstar
Explorer

what does pm mean?

pm received - jumpsuit