Join now - be part of our community!

Im getting sick to the teeth with Sony (I need some community help)

SPONGEBOB
Visitor

Im getting sick to the teeth with Sony (I need some community help)

But I guess they don't give a damn about it.

I finally managed to find a way of updating my VGC-V2S's Nvidia display drivers without using Omega drivers (So, yes, these are official Nvidia drivers) and it worked great. I played Battlefield 2 (Demo) with shadows and everything on. Class. Problem solved.

Not quite.

Having done this means I have lost the ability to watch DVDs, TV etc on my VAIO. I can hear the sound, just not the picture.

So, I reverted back to Sony's pile of (drivers) crap. I can watch TV, but bugger the idea of playing Battlefield 2.

And, I am not swapping drivers every few hours just because Sony is too lazy to get off their backsides and maybe update the drivers themselves.

I am going to ask the community a question, because it's clear that Sony wouldn't bother answering it. If anyone uses current, up to date drivers with their VAIO, and is managing to both game and watch without swapping drivers, how are they doing it? Is it a certain setting in my Nvidia display panel that I need to uncheck/check? Please help.

30 REPLIES 30
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

If they supported the users more it would save me all the hours I spend giving extremely detailed advanced programming and software advice:smileygrin:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Would save me a few hrs a day

VAIOFAN
Visitor

:wink:

Theres a few members on here should work for VAIO, i can not name the members becasue its unfair to the others! but all im saying is that some members are great help and support to VAIO owners when they have trouble with there computer.

Paul

kee-lo_

Yeah sometimes it's finding the time to help though, been a bit busy this summer....

VAIOFAN
Visitor

They should be paying you Kee Lo lol, i notist your post, ****ing hell. Been working hard on the forum :smileygrin: .

Good on you mate.

Paul

kee-lo_

Well I try my best these days, a lot of questions I can't answer - as I don't have the VAIOs to be able to say yes you do x and z

Rix
Visitor

yeah your all that good at answering questions and praising the demon vaio that you blatantly ignored my question (alot of irony there).... Thanx Btw.

But this computer is a piece of crap i was all happy with the gimmicks for a while then i realised sony just had me away for a grand and a half and i could have had the second coming in P.C form..... But oooh noooo, so i'll tell you what i'm doing i'm getting out of this hole i got myself into by buying a 64bit pci -x Pc with easily upgradeable components and in the immortal theories of tyler durden i'm gonna step back from total consumerism.... as for whatever that guys name was with the ' vaio's awesome its better than a real life friend' attitude thats giving everyone a pat on the back.... go out and get a girlfriend you loser

kee-lo_

as for whatever that guys name was with the ' vaio's awesome its better than a real life friend' attitude thats giving everyone a pat on the back.... go out and get a girlfriend you loser

Bit strong, but I see where you're coming from (and not it wasn't me, LOL, I agree, VAIOs are OK, but they're not GREAT as in life changing), best not to get too abusive though, or people will refuse to help you.

Good luck with the 64bit PC.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

This is probably a very long shot in the dark, but I did hear of someone asking Sony for some updated ATi drivers to cure similar problems.

They did oblige and send out the disk to the customer.

You could try ringing Sony VAIO-Link, be assertive but be polite. Tell them the problems you are experiencing with your drivers. They may well be able to help.

They may however state that the installed drivers are "adequate" and serve the purpose so no additiona; drivers would be provided by them.

However, if you don't try, you will never know.

BTW: What is it with people on here? So rude...:smileysad: Sigh. So many TROLLS out there...

kee-lo_

Shame they don't put it on VL