Join now - be part of our community!

Installing XP Pro on SZ61WN/C

gizzaciggy
Visitor

Installing XP Pro on SZ61WN/C

Just got a Vaio SZ61WN/C. I'm planning to replace Vista Business (Pre-installed) with XP Pro.

I've downloaded the drivers for the downgrade from the Vaio support/drivers section, but before I dive in I would like to ask if anyone has completed a downgrade on this model, whether they came into any problems?

Also, as I haven't done a reinstall of an OS in a long long time, can someone put me on the right track on how to go about it i.e. Best way to go about formatting the drive etc, ready for XP to go on.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi
I'm currenlty in the process of buying a SONY VAIO VGN-SZ61XNC and I'm planning to do the same thing.I see that your post is made in January.Did you manage to install WIn XP Pro on your laptop and all the specific XP drivers?Also do you have display problems(ie yellow band or sblack strips appearing on your display)?I'm asking because I read some reviews that SZ models sometimes have this problems.Please let me know as soon as you can cause I'm buying this model and it's not cheap.
Thanks and I appreciate your answer

phil_thelizard
Visitor

Hi!

I try to cope with the same problem; I bought a vaio SZ6AWN in january and now want to downgrade to windows XP. Please let me know what your experiences are considering the downgrade.

Thanks in advance

Phil