Join now - be part of our community!

Intermittent Touchpad - Vaio E series (VPCEA3S1E)

profile.country.en_GB.title
sport1901966
New

Intermittent Touchpad - Vaio E series (VPCEA3S1E)

This is my first post so Hello to everyone, I am hoping you may be able to help me solve my problem and in future I may be able to help with yours.

I've had a good search around but can't find any solutions to my problem. I have contacted the support but would like to try and be proactive in solving the problem myself.

The laptop is about 8 weeks old (bought on the 3/2/2011 and its now the 31/3/2011). I've got it set up in dual boot with XP and Win 7 as being an engineer a great deal of the software I use still only function on a 32bit OS, in particular XP is best. However I prefer the interface of win 7 so would like to keep this if possible. I should point out that I have had it in this config since I bought the laptop, whereas the touchpad issue has only been present in the last few weeks.

The problem I am having is that the touchpad only works intermittently, without me doing anything to try and fix it when it does stop. When the problem occurs the touchpad and touchpad buttons become completely unresponsive, it also seems that the device disappears from the device manager. Nothing in particular seems to prompt it to stop working, sometimes I turn it on and its working, other times its not, sometimes it'll stop working very soon after startup. Also I had the laptop sitting idling with a word document open, occasionally I would go to edit the document and it would be working ,then 30 mins later it wouldn't be, then 30mins after that it would be working again.

It doesn't seem to link with the computer going into standby as sometimes when it wakes up it works other times it doesn't.

Its a nightmare to diagnose, I have attempted the usual fix - delete current driver and reinstall new driver, which I got from the synaptics website, although I cannot be 100% certain its exactly the right one as they recommend downloading from the sony support, but the sony support doesnt have a separate download for the touchpad driver.

Its quite an annoying as it means I have to carry an external mouse with me everywhere which frankly isn't good enough for an effectively new laptop, it kind of defies the point of portability.

Many thanks for your help.

Geoff

Message was edited by: sport1901966

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
tlangford02
Visitor

Hi Geoff,

Can you tell me if you fixed this - I've just got a new Sony SB1X9E/S and have this - out the box.  It is W7 on 64-bit... very very frustrating...

Tim