Join now - be part of our community!

Internet Explorer 7

tash_edwards89
Visitor

Internet Explorer 7

Hi,

Everytime I start up my Internet Explorer it quickly flashes up with a Windows Installer window and says 'Preparing to install...'

I have unistalled IE7 and reinstalled it but it is still doing the same. It was working fine yesterday until I installed Office 2007. Does anyone know how I can stop this from happening as it is really starting to annoy me!!!

Tash!

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Tash,

There is a possibility that Office 2007 has an add-in for IE that is causing a problem. The usual one is ‘Send to Bluetooth’.

In Internet Options have a look at Programs tab > Manage Add-ons and try disabling one at a time and then re-start the application.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
tash_edwards89
Visitor

Hi,

I have found many things that are Office based (mainly Groove) but even when disabled this doesn't appear to work!

Many thanks for you help

Tash

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Try running Microsoft Office Diagnostics – Start > All Programs > MS Office > MS Office Tools

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
tash_edwards89
Visitor

Ran that and only one problem occured that it corrected. Still not a solution to my problem though!!!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

In that case I suggest you try rolling back to IE6 and see whether all works ok....

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
tash_edwards89
Visitor

No such luck!!
IE6 has just the same issues.
I have now gone bac to IE7 and tried the No Add Ons version and it still does it so Add Ons don't seem to be the issue.
When running in Safe Mode it is doing this.

Tash

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The answer may be to reinstall Office but just try this first:

Uninstall Google Toolbar
Uninstall Earthlink Total Access

See if this cures the problem.

If you use these then reinstall 'Google Toolbar plus Earthlink' and hope for the best.

:wink:

tash_edwards89
Visitor

Still no success.
I was thinking about it yesterday and I remembered I breifly installed FireFox onto my system, but it has since been uninstalled. Could this also be a possibility for the installer window popping up all the time?

Tash

Resonate
Visitor

Is IE set as your Default Explorer with Full Access rights go to Start > Set Program Access & Defaults under Custom Settings apply tick to IE as default & allow access then OK :thinking: