Join now - be part of our community!

Internet Explorer 7

tash_edwards89
Visitor

Internet Explorer 7

Hi,

Everytime I start up my Internet Explorer it quickly flashes up with a Windows Installer window and says 'Preparing to install...'

I have unistalled IE7 and reinstalled it but it is still doing the same. It was working fine yesterday until I installed Office 2007. Does anyone know how I can stop this from happening as it is really starting to annoy me!!!

Tash!

12 REPLIES 12
tash_edwards89
Visitor

Have done so, but then when I go back to check that they have saved it has gone back to the way it was all on its own!!!!!

When I went on Set Program Access and Defaults --> Custom it had Use my current Web Browser selected and I ticked Internet Explorer and clicked Ok... go back and its gone back to how it was originally!!!!

Resonate
Visitor

Have done so, but then when I go back to check that they have saved it has gone back to the way it was all on its own!!!!!
When I went on Set Program Access and Defaults --> Custom it had Use my current Web Browser selected and I ticked Internet Exp
lorer and clicked Ok... go back and its gone back to how it was originally!!!!

Have you got any other Web Browsers installed :thinking: ,The install comes up with install it the defaults & access are set wrong going into internet options & setting it default there a good idea as well i also reccommend doing a Reg scan to get rid of any extra access keys in your registry i recommend using CCleaner & give it a good seeing to.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I have now gone back to IE7 and tried the No Add Ons version and it still does it so Add Ons don't seem to be the issue.

I agree.
When I went on Set Program Access and Defaults --> Custom it had Use my current Web Browser selected and I ticked Internet Explorer and clicked Ok... go back and its gone back to how it was originally!!!!

Have you by any chance installed anything (other that Office 2007) that may possibly be blocking changes to the registry – Ad-Aware SE for example or a new anti virus program?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat