Join now - be part of our community!

Internet Explorer and Vaio Gate

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
SimonCowden1975
Visitor

Internet Explorer and Vaio Gate

Hi.  I dragged the Internet Explorer 8 icon out of the Vaio Gate toolbar at the top of my screen and IE8 has now completely disappeared.  It is not listed as an installed program and cannot be found by searching from the start menu.  How can I get it back? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joyoung48
Visitor

Also when finding it in "program files", right click on "ie explorer" and add it back to Vaio Gate :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sniknej31
Visitor

I did the exact same thing today and the only way I could get it back was to go into your C: drive, you will see the internet explorer program there, then right click on it and you will be able to pin it to your taskbar which will put the icon at the bottom of your home screen or you will be able to create a shortcut to your desktop.

Good luck, it took me ages to fathom that one out!!!

joyoung48
Visitor

Also when finding it in "program files", right click on "ie explorer" and add it back to Vaio Gate :slight_smile:

Bluefastcar
Visitor

Anyone know why IE is not in Start/All Programs

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Bluefastcar,

You can add Internet Explorer to Start > All Programs by dragging iexplore.exe (C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer) to:

C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Matcommons
Visitor

Hi

Well i have just done the same thing thinking it would drop on to desktop..........doooooo

Have you managed to get it back on to gate way yet ?

Regards

Mat.