Join now - be part of our community!

Is this so impossible?

AliClifton
Visitor

Is this so impossible?

Hi guys, ive got a vaio FS115S laptop and everything works fine.
I run some pretty intensive applications and games on it and it normally handles them fine however it is prone to graphical lag etc. Ive upgraded my ram to 1gb but i need to do more for better performance

the vid card in my laptop is an Nvidia go 6200 with turbocache, assuming u guys know wot turbo cache is then do u guys know if its possible to change my card to support 256mb instead of 128mb. As u may or may nt know it shudnt require any extra space in my laptop and surely can be done by changing the driver or bios of my vid card?

Just askin before i waste an email to sony tech support

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Turbo cache means that you gra. card can use the system RAM. When the VRAM becomes too little. Your graphics card has 32MB VRAM the other 96MB can be shared with system Ram.

No you can't uprgade your grapphics card.

AliClifton
Visitor

sry i must have miss-phrased,

i understand wot turbocache is, wot i wos wonderin was whether i cud change it to take more from my system ram so it supports 256mb instead of 128mb as now i have plentiful ram after my upgrade.
i realise i cnt physically change my card but perhaps there is a software dwnld from sony available to increase the amount of ram my card can take from my system.

seb21__
Visitor

It's not possible and it wouldn't make much sense. I don't think the card is fast enough to use this in newer games. 256MB VRAM sell itself better 128MB. But it's only usefull in really fast cards.

You wouldn't notice a difference. Maybe a few frames.

zina
Visitor

how much did it cost you to get 1 gb for your ram?ive got a fs 115m and thinkink of upgrading too?did tou take it to sony to upgrade?

seb21__
Visitor

erm

try Crucial, you would get it for 1/4 of the Sony price.

AliClifton
Visitor

yep crucial thats where i gt it frm