Join now - be part of our community!

K115m and Memory Stick Formatter

donkeyoaty
Visitor

K115m and Memory Stick Formatter

When I pop a memory stick into the slot and open the formatting software it all goes to pooh, anyone else got this problem?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Its crashes?
Does it let you format?

nick_pan
Visitor

i cant see you getting much assistance with your problem if you describe it like that. what exactly happens?

if you've reformatted recently, make sure you've installed the drivers for the mem card reader found on your sony resources disc

donkeyoaty
Visitor

Sorry I will try to explain it better...
When I put the memory stick from my sony cyber shot DSC-W1 in to the memory stick slot on my K115M I and try to use the memory stick utility to format the memory stick I recieve this message in a "send error report box" MSFmt.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. etc etc .

I have realoaded the software twice to no avail.

I appoligise for my poor English, but it is not my first language.:smileyconfused:

kee-lo_

Did you use the Firmware to update the MS drive to an MS Pro drive?

donkeyoaty
Visitor

:thinking: how would a simplton go about doing such a menial task?

William
Visitor

Don't worry your model is capable of this out of the box and doesn't need upgrading.

Can you use the memory stick OK in the camera and transfer pictures onto you laptop OK?

William

donkeyoaty
Visitor

Well then something is wrong then. So do I need to contact Sony? The memory stick works fine. It's just the formatting programme on my vaio thats duff. If bought as a package ie hardware and software, Sony must be responsable??:smileydevil:

kee-lo_

Try contacting Sony about it.
In the meantime if you can find the installer of the MS software (thats memorystick) then reinstall it.