Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VAIO A195EP delivered with dead dvd drive

marcode
Visitor

Sony VAIO A195EP delivered with dead dvd drive

Hi,

i just bought the laptop detailed below from ebuyer.co.uk, it came on the 8th of sept. everything went fine and it was delivered ahead of schedule. started to try it out last night, realise after a few mins that i havent seen any way to access the dvd drive or heard it spin up or anything.

tried to install new hardware but xp just wasnt seeing it. also tried to use one of the VAIO recovery discs and make the drive the first boot device and it still refused to even spin up. i had to use the little pinhole manual eject thing to even get the disc in. however, when u push the eject button, the little eject box appears on screen and it beeps, but nothing happens.

anyway.. thats incase im missing something and somone can point out something easy i can do to fix it, but i dont think so.

so ive registered with club vaio and and here i am. i dont want to go through ebuyer because they are notorious for poor returns service and was wondering who do i contact or where do i go to try and get this fixed. it was delivered with a dead drive and im desperate to get this sorted so i can get a few things installed and i cant when the drive doesnt respond to anything

Sony VAIO A195EP - Pentium M 1.5 GHz - RAM 512 MB - HD 60 GB - CD-RW / DVD-ROM combo - Mdm - LAN EN, Fast EN, 802.11b, 802.11g - Win XP Pro - 15" TFT

if anyone can help or point me in the right direction id be very grateful.

:slight_smile:

5 REPLIES 5
TygerTyger
Visitor

Their returns service may be poor but I'm afraid my friend, that is who you should be phoning. Unless I'm missing something obvious as well.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I think speaking to eBuyer would be faster than eSupport here.
You are within your 20 day returns time.

marcode
Visitor

bugger.. i was hoping that wouldnt be the case

ok thanks guys.. guess ill go get a return merchandise authorisation. 😞

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I think you can get it online with eBuyer.

marcode
Visitor

I think you can get it online with eBuyer.

yep, requested one yesterday. just waiting for it to be processed.. will let u guys know what happens.

cheers.