Join now - be part of our community!

Keyboard not working

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Gillmcarthur
Visitor

Keyboard not working

Keyboard on Sony vaio laptop not working. None of it. Device manager states that it is working.  Laptop ok with external keyboard. I have restored laptop to previous time when working but this made no difference to non working keyboard. I have run AVG, cleaner and malware bytes. Nothing untoward found.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Gillmcarthur,

There is possibly a hardware fault that may require a repair, but try the following first.

Shut down, disconnect the power adaptor and remove the battery. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Re-attach the power adaptor and battery and reboot.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Gillmcarthur,

There is possibly a hardware fault that may require a repair, but try the following first.

Shut down, disconnect the power adaptor and remove the battery. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Re-attach the power adaptor and battery and reboot.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
nikkilim
Visitor

Try to do a hard reset. Take off the battery. Look for a pinhole small enough for a paper clip to fit in. Press it with a paper clip for 10 secs and power back on.

You just drained all the power from the motherboard. Turn it back on. If it's still the same. Most possible it's a hardware issue. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi ZombieFried777,

Good to hear that it worked for you :-)

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
ZombieFried777

Rich you have helped me again. found this after a google search.

My keyboard was fine last night turned my laptop on today not one key working. Thank god i could get to the on sceen keyboard so i could at least log in.

Thats my advice if it happens to anyone else. click on them cogs at the log in screen and you can open up on screen keyboard to get yourself going.

But i tr ied the r emove battery and press power button for 30 and it works when i booted it up. : p

Message was edited by: ZombieFried777

Raghu.D
New

Thank you guys.  I have not even removed battery.  Shut the computer down and inserted a pin in the small hole for less than 10 secs.  Restarted my laptop and the keyboard is working fine. My laptop is SVF131N, I think

profile.country.DK.title
alashou
Explorer

Thanks Rich

Worked for me too

Spoiler

RonanC1
New

Amazing! I tried everything else, but this is what worked. 

profile.country.US.title
takuminightcore
New

a driver called HID- compliant mouse could cause keybord malfuncion remove the driver and see if it work

it worked for me

profile.country.GB.title
Orngng
New

hi, what is COGs ?