Join now - be part of our community!

keyboard removal on vgn-ns20s

profile.country.en_GB.title
Visitor

keyboard removal on vgn-ns20s

hi again i would like your help in removing my keyboard on my vgn-ns20s i knowto take battery out and loosen 1 screw on back panel but how the hell do you loosen the five tabs down near the space bar to lift it out or am i wrong in thinking just one screw holding it in ? hope you guys can help me

2 REPLIES 2
boogieknight
Visitor

Hi, according to the instructions for removing the keyboard, there is 1 screw and the 5 tabs to release. The 1 screw is to the top right of the windows sticker, then it says you release the 5 tabs at the bottom of the keyboard. This is wrong, as you have to release the catches from the top of the keyboard, which is the Esc,F5,F11and Delete/break buttons.When you have done that,you then pull the keyboard out of the lower tabs, then you can remove the ribbon cable. Hope this helps. Regards.

boogieknight
Visitor

Hi again, just to clarify what i said earlier. There is 2 screws on the underside, top of the windows sticker to remove if its the same procedure as mine ( VGN-NR180E ). Also the catches at the top of the keyboard are a bit tricky, what i did was to, loosen one of the middle catches first then prise the keyboard up whilst releasing the others. Thanks

Message was edited by: boogieknight

Message was edited by: boogieknight