Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VGN-BZ12EN Recovery DVD's

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
avileitner
Visitor

Vaio VGN-BZ12EN Recovery DVD's

Hi Guys

I have a Vaio BZ12EN and was not aware that Sony have a recovery partition. For some reason i have had to reinstall windows and deleted the partition and formatted the hard drive Sony now want£49.99 for recovery DVDs

However i have heard that all the software could be downloaded from ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/

if any of you could point me in the right direction as of which file i would need to download i would appreciate it.

Thankx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You can download all the Drivers, Utilities and other preinstalled software like the Infenon TPM software from the download pages for your model here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-BZ12EN

There are also updates for Vista under the 'Updates Tab'.

Some software cannot be downloaded.  Software houses like Corel, Roxio etc will not allow their software to be downloaded and you will only find it on the Recovery Discs.  So you cannot download, Windows, Photoshop, Roxio, Office, Adobe Standard etc. and you will have to replace these.  If you use a lot of these, the Recovery Disc set will be cheaper than replacing them.

:wink:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You can download all the Drivers, Utilities and other preinstalled software like the Infenon TPM software from the download pages for your model here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-BZ12EN

There are also updates for Vista under the 'Updates Tab'.

Some software cannot be downloaded.  Software houses like Corel, Roxio etc will not allow their software to be downloaded and you will only find it on the Recovery Discs.  So you cannot download, Windows, Photoshop, Roxio, Office, Adobe Standard etc. and you will have to replace these.  If you use a lot of these, the Recovery Disc set will be cheaper than replacing them.

:wink: