Join now - be part of our community!

Repeating update , Windows Microsoft Visual c++S.P

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
belaqua
Visitor

Repeating update , Windows Microsoft Visual c++S.P

KB2538242:

How can I stop this update repeating every time I close the laptop? It has installed 14 times, described as "Important," and "Successful" when I look in "Review Update History", but it does not appear when I look in "Installed Updates."

When I tried to ask for help in Windows I was told that since the OS was preinstalled I have to ask the manufacturer, but, ridiculously and infuriatingly, since I bought it in Curry`s in Lisburn, the Sony uk site does not recognise my model number,  VPCEC3SOE

NOT   VPCEC3SOEWI,  which was the nearest in the list of models given.

I have Window 7 Home Premium edition, and cannot get the Service Pack to download.

Any suggestions, anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I don't think you are alone - this seems a common issue and I have the same problem.

I have just 'hidden' the update - so Windows Update ignores this particular update - until Microsoft fix the problem.  I don't think many of us use Visual C++.

If you right-click on the update you can choose 'Hide this Update' and it will not try to install it every time you shut down.

By the way, your model number is recognised.  The WI on the end refers to the colour of the Vaio - WI is for White,   Strictly speaking the model is VPCE3S0E/WI.

:wink:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I don't think you are alone - this seems a common issue and I have the same problem.

I have just 'hidden' the update - so Windows Update ignores this particular update - until Microsoft fix the problem.  I don't think many of us use Visual C++.

If you right-click on the update you can choose 'Hide this Update' and it will not try to install it every time you shut down.

By the way, your model number is recognised.  The WI on the end refers to the colour of the Vaio - WI is for White,   Strictly speaking the model is VPCE3S0E/WI.

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
belaqua
Visitor

Thank you very much! That was very helpful, and reassuring too.

I had switched off automatic updates, in favour of manual, which allowed me to control the annoyance, to some extent. But I like the idea of hiding it!

Thanks again.