Join now - be part of our community!

keyboard

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jan187
Visitor

keyboard

hey everyone

i'm just bought  my vaio  today but the keyboard and the touch pad is not working .i took it back to the shop and  the guy said try alt +f10.i tried and it takes back to the factory settings but it is still not working .ican use only the on screen keyboard .is there anybody know how to fix it ?many thanks jan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You should not have to fix a problem like this - you have been sold a defective product.

Take it back to the shop and ask them to fix it while you wait or replace it with another Vaio.  If they are unable to do either of these, ask for your money back and buy your Vaio from someone who offers you some sort of support.

Do not allow them to say they will send it away for repair - that is illegal - they must fix or replace it.

If it was me, I would ask for a replacement.  It is possibly a software problem that can be fixed but the likely cause is a hardware fault and you will be better off with a new Vaio.  This is very unusual for a Sony product but occasionally a faulty product gets through or is damaged in transit.

You are legally entitled to take a faulty purchase back and have it replaced within 28 days of purchase - so don't give in to the seller and insist on your rights.

:wink:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You should not have to fix a problem like this - you have been sold a defective product.

Take it back to the shop and ask them to fix it while you wait or replace it with another Vaio.  If they are unable to do either of these, ask for your money back and buy your Vaio from someone who offers you some sort of support.

Do not allow them to say they will send it away for repair - that is illegal - they must fix or replace it.

If it was me, I would ask for a replacement.  It is possibly a software problem that can be fixed but the likely cause is a hardware fault and you will be better off with a new Vaio.  This is very unusual for a Sony product but occasionally a faulty product gets through or is damaged in transit.

You are legally entitled to take a faulty purchase back and have it replaced within 28 days of purchase - so don't give in to the seller and insist on your rights.

:wink:

Hello. My new vaio (June 2013) did a windows 8 update this morning and now my touch pad and integral keyboard are not working. Looking at the keyboard properties it states that the driver is corrupt. When checking the driver update status it tells me that I have the best driver, but obviously this doesn't work. I can't locate a sony vaio driver for the keyboard on the sony website. I have also tried installing the synaptics driver from the website for my laptop but this hasn't worked either. I have also tried uninstalling the driver (PC/AT Enhanced PS/2) but on reboot it put the corrupt driver back in rather than finding one from the net and replacing it. I can only type either via touch screen or external keyboard. Any suggestions?

Model is SVF15A1C5E.