nicklittle135
Visitor

Language changed solved..crazy support they dont read what you write

I wrote!!!

*** NOTES 17-Dec-2006 Action Type: Info
1. Installed service pack: Windows MCE
Still using service pack: yes
2. Boot language: English
3. Detailed problem description: I am a microsoft engineer on the move.
I need to install windows xp mce English for compatibility issues. As the installed product is an English core version with a Spanish language I have compatablity issues with my development software that is in English.
I have tried to install from my original English Cd but come across a no harddrive found problem...
After downloading the intel raid ghm driver to a boot floppy it finds the hard disk after an F6 key press and allows me to create partions.
During the installation sequence AFTER choosing a partition to install to it commences with the checking disk stage followed by a pause then A message "please insert matrix storage driver into drive a and press enter"
pressing enter doesnot work. it will allow me to exit setup using f3...
I have tried to create a slipstream version for your software but it seems you have created your own i386 installs in a compressed file.
Paying 3000 for a notebook that i cant modify myself because you choose to write your own install rutines is crazy.
I appreciate your concerns about copyright issues. but this is a notebook also sold in the UK and as it has an english bios it should not have any problems installing the software.
I spoke to yor sony tech and they advised me it would not accept an english install.. RUBBISH.
I am happily running Windows vista on a second partition. IN ENGLISH.
I would aprreciate a solution to this problem as soon as possible I wish to waste no more time trying to create install cds of my own.
Please advise if you can send me at my cost the English restore and aplication dvd/s so that this issue maybe resolved..
THIS IS A SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCE
Thanks you
Nick Little
mcse, mcsd.

4. Checked for upgrades or patches: yes
5. Additional SW: windows vista rtm
6. Additional HW: usb floppy
7. Extra memory added: no
8. Additional remarks: I am a microsoft engineer on the move.

They wrote!!!

*** NOTES 19-Dec-2006 Action Type: Info
Dear Mr. Little,

Thank you for contacting us.

Please note that we can only support the preinstalled Operating System and software. The Sony software will only work with the preinstalled OEM Operating System it came bundled with; the newer versions are not sold separately. If you are looking for drivers, then please visit our website, there are updates available. Please go to our website www.vaio-link.com and select the ‘Drivers and Updates’ link under the header ‘Downloads area’. You will need to enter your model number (28xxxxxx) and serial number (5xxxxxx) if you are accessing our website from another computer than your VAIO. Please note that the most recent information will always be available on the English site first.

Due to our licensing agreement with Microsoft, VAIO Link cannot supply customers with recovery disks that differ in any way to their original product recovery disk (i.e. different language versions, different model versions). We sell vaios for the German/Dutch, Italian, Spanish and English markets, so If you purchase a German machine we will only be able to provide the German operating system and preloaded software. We can only supply one licence per sold computer; the preinstalled Operating System is linked to this computer and cannot be changed by Sony. If you would like to have another (language) version of (your) Operating System, you can install it, but you will have to buy it directly from Microsoft. Also, we can no longer offer you software support for your unit, since we support only VAIOs with the preinstalled Operating System. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Regards,
SONY Vaio Web Team.

I have resovled the langauge change to english myself by using the utility in program files
Windows XP MUI Pack
this will change the langauge to english if you have the option..
shame sony cant be arsed to tell us that!!!\
And they should support it as it is on their installation routines

As far as the the other methods of installing it seems as tho noone has the answers at sony tech... HMMMMM

good luck :slight_frown: :slight_frown: :slight_frown:

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi nicklittle135 and welcome to Club Vaio.

If you go to Intel Downloads and scroll down to Utilities, you will find the Floppy Configuration Utility. This will enable you to make a floppy with the neccessary files to set up RAID/Matrix Storage at the F6 stage before reinstalling a new OS.

:wink:

nicklittle135
Visitor

Thnaks for the advice.. this i have done!! is sees the drives and allows them to be partitioned.. later prior to checking the disk for the install it asks yet a gain for the intel matrix drivers in drive A

It asks to hit return when ready then cant see the floppy the second time around.. only allows me to F3 AND EXIT

thanks anyway