Join now - be part of our community!

Line of malfunctioning pixels [VAIO Multiflip 15]

al_abreu
Explorer

Line of malfunctioning pixels [VAIO Multiflip 15]

Hi.

I just received my new Multiflip 15 today but unfortunatelly I think it came with some kind of screen or connections problem. As soon as i turned the laptop on there was an entire horizontal line of malfunctioning pixels. I looked in the website for the warranty contacts but there's only two options, one of contact via e-mail (which takes too long) and the other through a telefone number that charges 35p a minute. As a student I don't have a landline and cannot afford to pay a ridiculous amount of money for the long time I would be on the line with the support.
Did anyone have the same problem? Do you know a faster way for me to activate warranty and send it back to fix?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
lsrudol
New

Hi!

I have the same problem with my VAIO, I have a 2 pixels wild white line thrugh the full screen.

I just experienced today , (after 2 years without any problem, just to be out of warranty period).

I called the service, and they told me, it is display problem (99%) and they will happy to

fix it (as I will have to pay a nice sum for it, ~240 - 270 EUR). Of course it is still will take 2 weeks for them...

I hope, they can keep at least this 2 week period.

The only thing, I can advice, go back to the shop as soon as possible to have it repaired or changed under varranty.

Good Luck!