Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio core rescue tool.vbs not found

ayu69-fin
New

Vaio core rescue tool.vbs not found

Hi,

the new one computer, sony vaio desktot all in model...

when the competer starting, the ending of start process popup windows appers with following information

c:/windows/temp/vaio core rescue tool.vbs file not found.

Then I tried to start pc via assist button and doing factory reset so all my information will be lost 🙂

Then facrtory reset fails with following information: 

Can not update because the recovery area has been deleted Error Code 0000020D

Two weeks old pc, any helps?

Best Regards

Ted

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Ted and welcome.

If your Vaio is new and you cannot recover to factory settings using the ASSIST button, you will need to contact Sony Vaio Support.  If all else fails, they will likely need to send you a set of Recovery Discs so you can do the recovery.

I presume you have not installed any other operating system since new?

To contact Support go here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts

and click on 'Vaio and Computing'.  You will need to enter your Vaio's Serial Number to get contact details.

:wink:

ayu69-fin
New

I tried but using my pc serial number, the valitatuion fails, first one is red, but second part of serial nember works, so I can't order any recovery disk,

br,

Ted 

ayu69-fin
New

First one I look serial number, there was label where was model ja s/n, and i used it sn, but no access, then I start command promt, ask serial number and the number was same as label number, so I can't use those helping, no mistakes write down number, five time tested itm, first one always red one 🙂

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

As your Vaio is so new, the Serial Number may not yet be on Support's Database.

If you give me the full Vaio Model, I will make Sony Support aware of your problem.

:thinking: