Join now - be part of our community!

lost notebook

ratebad
Visitor

lost notebook

Hi there everyone, I'm a bit new to this. Have any of you had any bad experiences with sony where you send your notebook for a repair, and then they lose it. ?? I sent mine for a repair on the 24/02/06 then they sent it to another customer and I can't get it back. No-one wants to help me and I have been with out my notebook for 2 months now. Does anybody have any tips about where I legally stand with sony not admitting that they have lost my notebook and refuse to send me a new replacement. thanks. Chris. (model VGN-FS115S with 1gb of ram)

5 REPLIES 5
ant1uk
Visitor

if you notebook has been lost i would ask for a new one. you have left it in the care of the repairer and they are responsible for it. i would now ask for a new one.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You need to go to the citizen's advice bureau or you could report it as stolen to the police, then Sony would have to answer to them

ratebad
Visitor

Thanks for the tips, I've already contacted trading standards and got an offical complaint log number. I am writing to sony to complain about this and demanding a new one as it appears to me that the person that has mine has realised that there is 1gb of ram in it, not the standard 512mb and it trying to keep it. The 2 addresses I have for sony are - Sony United Kingdom Limited,
The Heights, Brooklands, Weybridge, Surry, KT13 0XW and Sony Uk Limited, Pipers Way, Thatham, Berkshire, RG19 4LZ. Does anyone know of any more addresses I can write to ? I will be sending my letters recorded post to prove that they arrived at their destinations also. Thanks. Chris.

tonybeard
Explorer

The assurances communicated to me when my keyboard was replace in alcase France was that is DHL lose it then Sony will replace it. In your case the laptop has be lost because the person who has received it has had his lost and replaced by yours. Techically your has been misplaced but this should not be any defense. Push them and contact adam.dorrell@sony.com.eu to push them also. He helped me and got results when my keyboard wore off unfairly and my warranty extension was misplaced but finally honoured

kee-lo_

I'd be threatening them with the cops, it's robbery